Bobby Bloom - We Need Each Other

nevaspendnocheeznevaspendnocheez 93 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
does anyone know anything about this record? my homey often spins this at b-boy jams but i can't find shit about this record anywhere. his version is a 45 and i'm not sure if its a reissue or private press but he assures me its on an album somewhere. maybe i got the artist or title wrong but i'm pretty certain that's what he told me. any info is appreciated.oh, i have an mp3 if anyone wants to hear it.

Comments

• Options
    It's on an album. belive Bobby is from Montego Bay - I think I have a ouple copies of he LP at home.

K in canada.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    belive Bobby is from Montego Bay

I don't know about that, but I do know that "Montego Bay" was Bobby's only hit (from 1970).

• It's on an album. belive Bobby is from Montego Bay - I think I have a ouple copies of he LP at home.

K in canada.
    whats the rest of the lp like? i haven't really been able to figure out what genre it may be due to the fact the the track in question has a bit of rock/funk/disco appeal.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    It's on an album. I think I have a ouple copies of he LP at home.

whats the rest of the lp like? i haven't really been able to figure out what genre it may be due to the fact the the track in question has a bit of rock/funk/disco appeal.

And if you don't mind me chiming in (Bloom recorded some pretty good records), which LP is this? There are two B.B. albums I know of - I checked on the Both Sides Now discography site, and neither album has that tune (according to BSN, that is; could be wrong).

Bloom's albums are generally filed under rock, although he had a bit of a blue-eyed soul thing going on.

• i'll see if i can get a quick pic of the 45 and post it. maybe the label will answer some questions.