A link from Pops

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Great speech, been circulating a bit. Wise words indeed. I like that he recycled back in the day to get money for food. My sis is quite lucky she doesn't have to do that at good old Stanfoo.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Yeah, I figures since it was from June that it might have already made it's rounds. It was the first time I have come across it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Nah man, good timing. I think it's ultra relevant now that fall is upon us and peeps are checking from the campus computer lab.

Thanks, I definitely needed a "swift kick in the ass" to remind me to keep moving with the job search

M

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I hadn't read that. Excellent speech.

It defeats my graduation speech by the president of the university, who struggled in vain to sound intelligent, and a not-so-local politician who pitched a bill he was backing. Jackass.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma ??? which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Words to live by.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    None of this had even a hope of any practical application in my life. But ten years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed it all into the Mac. It was the first computer with beautiful typography. If I had never dropped in on that single course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts. And since Windows just copied the Mac, its likely that no personal computer would have them. If I had never dropped out, I would have never dropped in on this calligraphy class, and personal computers might not have the wonderful typography that they do
    mufuckah plz

• BOOTSTRAPS.