caribou

slushslush 691 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
anyone up on this? well produced, psychy but not gimmicky at all. a lot better than his last one as manitoba.includes a fantastic ode to canada: + = our new national anthem

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    the winter song is some psycho jilted lover shit

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Cool, I'll have to pick that up. I love both of those Manitoba albums.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    anyone up on this? well produced, psychy but not gimmicky at all. a lot better than his last one as manitoba.

includes a fantastic ode to canada:

+ = our new national anthem

Head West by Starchild Music on the french Vogue label (no year on the cover, sounds like late 60's early 70's),... this record is a musthave for any beatnut out there,...contains a ultra crisp drumbreak on the song Attention,... the music is psychadelic (heavy on the organ) soul/ rock... Det er sku iorden !!!

anyone up on this? well produced, psychy but not gimmicky at all. a lot better than his last one as manitoba.

includes a fantastic ode to canada:

+ = our new national anthem

Head West by Starchild Music on the french Vogue label (no year on the cover, sounds like late 60's early 70's),... this record is a musthave for any beatnut out there,...contains a ultra crisp drumbreak on the song Attention,... the music is psychadelic (heavy on the organ) funky soul/ rock... Det er sku iorden !!!

• slushslush 691 Posts
    the winter song is some psycho jilted lover shit

and seasonally apt "winters going and the leaves turn green"
    deciduous trees are going crazy right now

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    pixies?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i am a huge manitoba fan, and "up in flames" was one of my favorites. haven't heard them as Caribou yet, but really looking forward to hearing the album. I will be checking them out in nyc in like 2 weeks. looking forward to that fo sho.

i am a huge manitoba fan, and "up in flames" was one of my favorites. haven't heard them as Caribou yet, but really looking forward to hearing the album. I will be checking them out in nyc in like 2 weeks. looking forward to that fo sho.

Yo, I'm kinda new to this board thing, and not quite hip to the mystic ways of the message forum,...anyhows, whats the connection between the Head West record and this Caribou/ Manitoba band ???

• slushslush 691 Posts
    k caribou has a new record. caribou is originally from dundas, ontario, canada. caribou made a track which is strictly bonnie and attention. both are canadian. he is canadian. big ups to canucks, forests, maple trees, etc.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i don't know.. most of this manitoba / caribou stuff just sounds like really boring mercury rev tracks with "beats".