CRITIQUE NEEDED (New Track Related) *DELETED*

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Post deleted by Delay

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    different, but i like it

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    it's nice, if anything, i'd make it weirder, but that's just me... maybe some double time on the drums, drum n bass style, or some dub style delay fx or drop outs (i.e. have the 16th note flanged kickdrum thing drop out once in a while)...
    i like the distored melody that comes in about two minutes in, great tone.

• for whatever my opinion is worth:

i really dig the atmospheric shit in the beginning and was hoping you would take it more that direction. I think the song takes too long to get started. I really enjoy what you start doing around 2 min and then it kicks off. But i dont think as is, there is enough happening in the first two minutes. I also think the double time hats get tired towards the end. But good work, I think theres a really cool song in there. Is that honest enough?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    keep going

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    were you the one that bought that MOOG at a record fair? sounds like you were using a MOOG...

Delay, please tell me when you are going to be in Germany exactly! I need to know this. Otherwise, I can't help you. I tried to contact some clubs, but they just laughed at me... cause I couldn't tell them when I wanted to book...

about your track:
    Honestly, I don't know what music it is supposed to be. It's nothing i'd listen to. but i bet there are people who'd enjoy this. the only thing that turns me off are the hihat petterns and some synthie tom fills. those sound awkward. although musically, everything is OK.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    were you the one that bought that MOOG at a record fair? sounds like you were using a MOOG...

Delay, please tell me when you are going to be in Germany exactly! I need to know this. Otherwise, I can't help you. I tried to contact some clubs, but they just laughed at me... cause I couldn't tell them when I wanted to book...

about your track:
    Honestly, I don't know what music it is supposed to be. It's nothing i'd listen to. but i bet there are people who'd enjoy this. the only thing that turns me off are the hihat petterns and some synthie tom fills. those sound awkward. although musically, everything is OK.
    We're supposed to be in paris dec 1st, hannover on the 7th, and basel the 16th and 17th. thats all that's confirmed yet. we'll be w/ jzone in basel, so let me know if you think anyone could set something up after that, and maybe we can get him to stay a little longer.

• were you the one that bought that MOOG at a record fair?

That was me.

Tom, I'm at work so i can't really listen to it now.

But, I suck at critiquing shit anyways. I'm either "thats dope" or "that sucks".

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

about your track:
    We're supposed to be in paris dec 1st, hannover on the 7th, and basel the 16th and 17th. thats all that's confirmed yet. we'll be w/ jzone in basel, so let me know if you think anyone could set something up after that, and maybe we can get him to stay a little longer.

WOW. I'm supposed to book a J-Zone concert??? The guy that is responsible for hip hop concerts in my home town (Stuttgart) is gone on vacation. On a long vacation. I need to find out his cell phone number...

I'll write to you via email later this week...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Tom, it's sounding good man. I think it's good to make all kinds of different music. It gives you new ideas etc.

But yo, were you playing anything on there or was that all samples?

• Thats rad that you have ONE GUY responsible for hip hop shows.

J-Zone is dope, by the way.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Tom, it's sounding good man. I think it's good to make all kinds of different music. It gives you new ideas etc.

But yo, were you playing anything on there or was that all samples?
    my friend john was playing the asr10 and i chopped in parts.

• this is dope - i wish the bassline stayed in throughout, and there were more of those submarine "ping" sounds.

agreed that the intro showed a lot of promise that you should prolly revisit in some way.

• t-

i really like this track, keep on going.

I might have the drum programming get a little crazier after you "give the drummer some". The delay(I think that is the effect) on the drum machine snare that makes it sound "wet" gets a little overwhelming over time too.

• For what you're going for, and that being some blunted out sci-fi shit, I think it's good where it's at.

peas.

• you should keep working for sure. what you have is good but with a little more effort im sure you can turn it around and make it a great track. keep us updated

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yo, Delay -

That shit is fire, man. Like others have said, keep going! Was that you on the keys, too?! Damn.

The last half went perfectly with this: (Peace to Bam)

It told the whole story.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Word up! Keep going.
    I ain't feelin it.