a question about itunes/ ipod

Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
so i got a ipod shuffle and itunes to put the songs on it, but i don't like how it works. its like, i just want to point to the folder on my hard drive where the music i want is, and then put it on there. like a classic windows browser. but with itunes its like i have to scroll through that long ass list of artists and shit, and i don't want to do it like that.do i have to? is that the only way that i tunes lets you browse your own music?? I can't just click "open" and go to the right folder???its kind of annoying. actually its really annoying.somebody help, plaese.

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

do i have to? is that the only way that i tunes lets you browse your own music?? I can't just click "open" and go to the right folder???

Try sorting your music by "Date Added". Presumably when you add a new folder's worth of mp3s to your iTunes library, they'll all have similar "Date Added" values.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i think that's the whole thing with the shuffle... not too much control over a gadget the size of a stick of gum. check that stock though. up $2.25 today.
    (NASDAQ NM:AAPL)... not bad if you bought it this time last year at $18, before it split.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    do you make your own playlists? if not, you should that way all your music is organized and you can just make a playlist for the shuffle and drag it into the shuffle icon.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    up $2.25 today.
    (NASDAQ NM:AAPL)... not bad if you bought it this time last year at $18, before it split.

die

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    cause of the new article, and interview w/ jobs. sell sell sell.

• bleh.

is itunes the only software i can use with the ipod?

• Nope, i like to use Ephpod instead, www.ephpod.com (i think...) it lets you take stuff from your ipod and put it back on your pc too, which is handy...