I have returned from NYC

Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
It rained the whole time.Actually we got back on saturday but this is my first day back at work, so the vacation is officially over.Me and HJ had a swell time, despite the rain. Got to finally meet some "stuck up NY superproducers" and catch Verdi's Aida at the Metropolitan which was AWESOME. Some of you may remember my post about Opera (not Oprah) where I had a question about a peice of music in Aida. well that question was answered and I will post up audio when I get the chance.I'll also have to post up some pics later. SUPER HUGE SHOUT OUT TO DELAY. Dude hooked us up like crazy with shit to do and help getting around town and stuff. I heard he got a little upset when I told the "cute waitress" that my drink tasted like ass. Sorry. Didn't mean to cock block! Superstar "i'm not a real DJ" Cosmo was in the house. It was good to see you again mang. You're phone looks fucked up. Good to meet Paychizzle finally. Bumped in to Rape Donks later in the evening. By the end of the night I was pretty shitfaced, but I did not hurl, which was good. Talked to some dude from Iceland because Tom wanted to buy his jacket off him. hahaha. That shit was fun as hell.Anyways we had a great time. Thats a nice little city you guys got there. We didn't get to do a lot of the stuff that we wanted to do because of the weather, but I definitely plan on coming back now.Oh, and when we got back to SD it started raining. and its been raining all week.sigh.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    welcome back. glad you and your wiz had fun in the rotten apple.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    did you at least get some view on saturday before you left? it really shaped up that afternoon.

ok. said waitress asked me if she knew me from somewhere, winked, and gave me a free drink...only to turn around and have you say, "this drink tastes like ASS!"

dude, i was looking at you like SHUT THE FUCK UP, and you kept going. then she acted weird to me when i said good night. CBer gallore! s'all good though.

did you guys go to Sosa Borella? how was it? I take it you liked the MET? that place makes me dizzy (no pun).

don't test cosmo's gangster when it comes to hulk hogan mustaches and/or dildo...

annnnd... paycheck, i'ma light you up in...

IT"S TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME..

• Options
    Dizzy,

Do you shave your hands to the wrist? Looks like you got the sweater under the shirt.

, K.

• dude, i was looking at you like SHUT THE FUCK UP, and you kept going.

That would be a weekly occurrance with me.....

did you guys go to Sosa Borella? how was it?

It was GREAT. The food was awesome. Seriously, we owe you big time for your help while we were there. If you EVER come to SD we'll hook you up.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Whoa.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    is that a Michael Franks 'art of tea' album there in the corner? nice!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    is that a Michael Franks 'art of tea' album there in the corner? nice!

thank you

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

ok. said waitress asked me if she knew me from somewhere, winked, and gave me a free drink...only to turn around and have you say, "this drink tastes like ASS!"

COMEDY!!!!! Yeah Dizzy!

catch Verdi's Aida at the Metropolitan which was AWESOME. Some of you may remember my post about Opera (not Oprah) where I had a question about a peice of music in Aida. well that question was answered and I will post up audio when I get the chance.

Opera at the Met. Dope. Dizzy be a

• Late congrats Dizzy & HJ!

Me and HJ had a swell time, despite the rain. Some of you may remember my post about Oprah (not Harpo)

I love NYC too. I think what's most impressive about the city is almost EVERY Big Apple news vendor consistently carries O magazine, unlike down here in NC where some supermarkets occasionally miss issues - or don't carry it at all.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you had a great time with your fresh copies of O magazine in NYC!

• Opera at the Met. Dope. Dizzy be a

no way dude. we tryed to get baller seats, but they didn't have 2 seats together so we had to sit in the "family circle" (no shit). but those tickets are only 36 bucks, and you can see and hear great, so its TOTALLY worth it.

I'm serious. if you are even near NYC right now you neeeeed to head to the met and catch aida (and not that gay ass musical by elton john either. the real aida by verdi).