EBAY suspect

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
aldo966 italian dude named Cataldo Zucaro.won $350 worth of 12's from me, then pulled a $350 chargeback because one of the records was missing when he got it. and i already told him that the 12 was in the mail. dude is wack. now i'm on the phone with paypal.

Comments

• you told him before he recieved the records or afterwards????

I tried to start a soulstrut block ebay list almost two years ago to no avail....

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    now i'm on the phone with paypal.

paypal has a pretty bad rep for shit like this.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you told him before he recieved the records or afterwards????

I tried to start a soulstrut block ebay list almost two years ago to no avail....

I don't know if its feasible or fair but sometimes I wish we had a blocked bidders list for everyone to add on to and use...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It might be a good resource, but it seems to violate a right to privacy for everyone. Plus, I've had good experiences with a lotta people who dudes on here have said "that dick!/ "
    Peace
    T.N.

• It might be a good resource, but it seems to violate a right to privacy for everyone. Plus, I've had good experiences with a lotta people who dudes on here have said "that dick!/ "
    Peace
    T.N.

I don't think it's a violation, just list people with their opinions? It could be like siskel and ebert

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    be patient grashoppa. Im guessing they guy is just protecting his ass. When he gets the 12" and doesnt send back the money, then you should get paypal involved.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    It might be a good resource, but it seems to violate a right to privacy for everyone. Plus, I've had good experiences with a lotta people who dudes on here have said "that dick!/ "
    Peace
    T.N.

It's no more a violation or privacy than Ebay feedbacks.

• be patient grashoppa. Im guessing they guy is just protecting his ass. When he gets the 12" and doesnt send back the money, then you should get paypal involved.

sorry knewjack,
    but that is officially

you only have 10 days to reply through paypal as a seller. considering this package will be in the mail that long, i'd be uckfayed by the time dude got his package. looking like shit in paypal's eyes. if you want to ball with paypal you must reply through their system within 10.

you don't want to be "the cool guy who gets fucked".

Calling paypal is hell. no music, just a robot telling you not to check your emails due to fraudulent devils. about an 1 1/2 hrs later when an operator picks up, what is the first thing they say? "everything you need to know was emailed to you"

• damn that sucks, paypal customer service sucks too.

sold $350 worth of video game raer.

literally two hours after dude paid he files a chargeback because I wasn't home to reply to one of his emails.

talked to a supervisor at paypal and all she did is read me the paypal user agreement and say "paypal has no control over user behavior"

told the buyer that i'd send the package signature confirmation to make sure I have evidence it was recieved, once this evidence is given to paypal they give me my 350 back.

buyer says he no longer wants the games (probably because he gave me a "friends" address).

Some people are just nuts. Hope you used a DC# so paypal can give you your funds.

• It might be a good resource, but it seems to violate a right to privacy for everyone. Plus, I've had good experiences with a lotta people who dudes on here have said "that dick!/ "
    Peace
    T.N.

so have I. even with this dude aldo. but guess what? if everything goes well, nobody complains. that isn't the point!! it is what do they do when there is a small problem. this dude complained about a $10 record missing, now i lose $342 because it was part of a package. he filed the complaint 1 day after he emailed me telling me it was missing. i put the record in the mail the same day the complaint was filed. dude gave me a 1 day window to mail a record from the midwest to ITALY.

• Strongly in favor of a soulstrut ebay watchlist. I don't think it violates anybody's privacy in any way, and if someone has something positive to say about a dude on the list, cool. Let's do it.

• Hope you used a DC# so paypal can give you your funds.

what is this?

luckily the only record that may not be trackable is the replacement record i just mailed. which is worth $14. he has already told paypal that he got the rest of the stuff.

so really paypal is the asshole in this story.

well, aldo is still a prick for making me have to go through all this shit for a $14 record.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I don't know if its feasible or fair but sometimes I wish we had a blocked bidders list for everyone to add on to and use...

lets start this!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I say it only because of the repercussions/consequences RAJ might have to deal with, not to shield deadbeats...

• Once you submit a delivery confirmation # or a signature confirmation, paypal will investigate the chargeback. If its determined that he recieved his record, you get the funds credit back to your account (thats how paypal explained it to me)

Unfortunately, USPS does not offer a delivery confirmation # to Europe if sending by air mail.

I believe paypal does offer tracking to Europe if you print out shipping labels froms thier site.

• luckily the only record that may not be trackable is the replacement record i just mailed. which is worth $14. he has already told paypal that he got the rest of the stuff.

so really paypal is the asshole in this story.

looks like you'll end up getting your money back.

If your buyer is this honest he will probably tell paypal when he recieves the one record you just sent...meaning paypal will credit your account with the funds again.

Good luck!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Peace
    T.N.

I don't think it's a violation, just list people with their opinions? It could be like siskel and ebert

Definitely not a violation of privacy. And if it's true, it's not defamation, either.

• Hey

I had the same problem.. with MARCOFUK (Italy). He got his money back after claiming no arrival. The record was sent registered (i have the receipt). I spoke w/ paypal this morning.. and their policy of tracking packages is only relevant to USA, Canada & U.K.

Since Italy isn't included.. i'm S.O.L.

There isn't anything paypal will do.. except provide an email to the person asking for reimbursement - there is nothing they can legally do to retrieve the money.

-JM

Dear Marco Cavenaghi,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

In regards to case ID PP-#$^@#* for the record "Eat a Dick",
    we have received notification from the Post Office that the item was
    shipped to you on July 8, 2005. The Registered Article number for this
    shipment is as follows: USPS RR832046694US. Upon receipt of the item
    you
    will need to send the funds back to the seller to avoid any further
    complications with your account. Your honesty in this matter would be
    greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
    again.

Sincerely,
    Natalie
    PayPal Resolution Services
    PayPal, an eBay Company

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Unfortunately, USPS does not offer a delivery confirmation # to Europe if sending by air mail.

I believe paypal does offer tracking to Europe if you print out shipping labels froms thier site.

Does Paypal charge for this??

Would it work the same for domestic packages if you ship through Paypal?

If a foreign buyer uses a non-PP form of payment is there anyway to confirm delivery?

I had the same problem.. with MARCOFUK (Italy). He got his money back after claiming no arrival.

The Marcofunk enigma acquires a new dimension...

• marco just emailed me about some private boner he overpayed me for. that isn't the problem though, before he paid me, he asked what the title of the record was. i told him. he didn't have it, won the auction. now he gets the record, thanks me for the shipping on time part, then says he already has the record. because i gave him the incorrect name. am i about to eat a dick sandwich through paypal??

should i start a poll?

what to do with marco. maybe i'll just not sell to him anymore. i definitely don't need his money.

dude is such a fucking idiot, he seriously didn't even look through his collection to see if he had the record already. he just typed in the name through his record collection database and nothing came up.

dudes, just because your rich, doesn't afford you the right to be THAT stupid. ok?

• Unfortunately, USPS does not offer a delivery confirmation # to Europe if sending by air mail.

Does Paypal charge for this??

Would it work the same for domestic packages if you ship through Paypal?

If a foreign buyer uses a non-PP form of payment is there anyway to confirm delivery?

I don't know the exact details...

but I was at the post office yesterday sending 80+ packages (that took me half the day to package and write addresses) when some guy came in with at least 200 packages laughing at me for still sending the "old fashioned way".

He had these neat, white, printed out labels on his packages that he said he printed out at the paypal site and it took about 45 minutes for 200+ packages according to him. Dude also said that paypal offers tracking #'s to Europe!!! FUCK myself for not having a printer.

The guy seemed to know EVERYTHING about shipping/usps/paypal though. [email]musicnmore@comcast.net[/email] was the email he gave me, might wanna holler (no ayo) at him.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    All I know is ebay id lostjukebox is SLOW. Over a month and I'm still waitin for my Sly Slick and Wicked 45. Sigh...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Just say No to Marcofunk.

• yeah.. dude is a complete fucking idiot. I personally decided that i don't need/want his $$ anymore - i'd rather sell for less than help this fool get hard records. i'm almost stunned by his ignorance.

jm

yeah.. dude is a complete fucking idiot. I personally decided that i don't need/want his $$ anymore - i'd rather sell for less than help this fool get hard

AYE

YO