Soul Gospel

Comments

• I am gonna upload the Connecticut heat this evening in the albulums thread. Yall can check it out and if you want use any of the songs on this here

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ok so we need confirmation from everyone who is down

rules are:

2 teams

20 tracks total (hopefully everyone puts in an even amount

after they are all compiled they are E-mailed to Breakself (we gonna need your e-mail addy hommie)

we start a new thread with a poll allowing everyone to vote

Voting will be held over 4 days

may the raerer collection win

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

after they are all compiled they are E-mailed to Breakself (we gonna need your e-mail addy hommie)

I think it would be easier to just PM me yousendit links. Is this okay w/ everyone?

• Cool with me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Cool with me.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    ok so we need confirmation from everyone who is down

rules are:

2 teams

20 tracks total (hopefully everyone puts in an even amount

we start a new thread with a poll allowing everyone to vote

Voting will be held over 4 days

may the raerer collection win

Why not just make one comp from a bunch of tracks that people vote on. That way the *music* wins. :rolleyes: and I get to enter something.

By raerer you mean better I take it? Gospel is the most raer genre on the planet, and most of it is

• somebody explain why we are have teams?

why not just have 4 of our own tracks?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think someone might have mentioned this earlier, but you dudes really need to get Shing-a-Ling down with this shit. His Memphis Gospel mix CD is my Sunday drive-time staple, soulmelter after soulmelter. Dude has deep Crates of Inspiration.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    somebody explain why we are have teams?

why not just have 4 of our own tracks?

Well maybe us UK dudes can come up with something.....if I could round up the troops.

We have hotness too

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I think someone might have mentioned this earlier, but you dudes really need to get Shing-a-Ling down with this shit. His Memphis Gospel mix CD is my Sunday drive-time staple, soulmelter after soulmelter. Dude has deep Crates of Inspiration.

why doesnt he just post it up here? then we can all judge...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    oh yeah... and im not interested in participating... no way to record vinyl and i dont have the time or patience to go through my shit to play a game at this point...

im excited to see what yall play though.

• I'm not really so down with the contest approach, not trying or having time to be a big ol' gospel

I am open to contribute a track or two on a collaborative comp/mix...and definitely am planning on posting a gospel cut and paste mix up sometime (in the future?) I think the jinx/huss collab is pretty amazing, great selection and sooper smooth trannies (no polk gulch)

cheers

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i've got one or two hot tracks to contribute... can i be on the gold team?

Gorilla Monsoon??

RADD!!!

Keep the Faith, Baby![/b]

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Gorilla Monsoon??

RADD!!!

Keep the Faith, Baby![/b]

yeah, it was time for a change... plus he's got the same pose as powell...

to this day i'll always hear Jesse the Body's voice in my head going "shut up, monsoon!"

recently been going on some wrestling websites... i'd say 75% of the dudes i watched as a kid are dead now... depressng..

....recently been going on some wrestling websites...
    ...depressing...

okay. looks like we're not going to be doing the competition thing, which is cool...p*ssies

If people still want to send me files via PM I'll host them all and hotlink 'em in a new thread later this week. I know there are people with heat to share.

holr.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    okay. looks like we're not going to be doing the competition thing, which is cool...p*ssies

If people still want to send me files via PM I'll host them all and hotlink 'em in a new thread later this week. I know there are people with heat to share.

holr.

that's a damn shame...

I just knew our team was gonna decimate those Cali folls.

holr.

that's a damn shame...

I just knew our team was gonna decimate those Cali folls.

yes!

• I think someone might have mentioned this earlier, but you dudes really need to get Shing-a-Ling down with this shit. His Memphis Gospel mix CD is my Sunday drive-time staple, soulmelter after soulmelter. Dude has deep Crates of Inspiration.

I am actually gonna put out my Memphis Gospel comp. soon hopefully but I'm down to contribute some. Not real sure what's trying to be done here. Soulstrut Gospel Comp.?

I am actually gonna put out my Memphis Gospel comp. soon hopefully but I'm down to contribute some. Not real sure what's trying to be done here. Soulstrut Gospel Comp.?

I think it's more just a showcase of gospel joints that delve deeper into the genre than the much maligned Soul Jazz comp mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

• I think someone might have mentioned this earlier, but you dudes really need to get Shing-a-Ling down with this shit. His Memphis Gospel mix CD is my Sunday drive-time staple, soulmelter after soulmelter. Dude has deep Crates of Inspiration.

I think it's more just a showcase of gospel joints that delve deeper into the genre than the much maligned Soul Jazz comp mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

I'm down. I've got a private press Memphis joint that will make folls shit blood. I can't post mp3's. What should I do?

I'm down. I've got a private press Memphis joint that will make folls shit blood. I can't post mp3's. What should I do?

Is it that you can't post mp3's or that you can't rip them from vinyl? If you can rip them, then all you have to do is send them to me via yousendit.com and I'll take care of the rest.

• I'm in.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

why not? I like the idea

timeline of this thread

-initially put up to speak on the soul jazz comp "Soul Gospel"

-I put out a challenge to peoples I know on here that love them some soulful gospel to make a better comp and let strutters listen to it.

-Other people say "hey what about us" and a competition is born

-Rules are set up, a host steps up, and all we need to do is finalize teams

-People say they ain't going to do it

We are better than this

• okay. looks like we're not going to be doing the competition thing, which is cool...p*ssies

why not? I like the idea

timeline of this thread

-I put out a challenge to peoples I know on here that love them some soulful gospel to make a better comp and let strutters listen to it.

We are better than this

Teams? I'm confused now.

• okay. looks like we're not going to be doing the competition thing, which is cool...p*ssies

why not? I like the idea

timeline of this thread

We are better than this

Teams? I'm confused now.

TEAMS? The lord is on my side!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

why not? I like the idea

timeline of this thread

We are better than this

Teams? I'm confused now.

TEAMS? The lord is on my side!

You can have her, I just want her raers

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I have a mellow contribution from Gary, In. Is this still going down?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I have a mellow contribution from Gary, In. Is this still going down?

we need people to participate

so far here are our solid contenders:

-Guzzo
    -Paychizzle
    -Shingaling
    -Drewn
    -Peaceful Ro (?)

who else is down???