Midweek digs, 10/17-10/20

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
didnt see a midweek digs post yet, so i decided to start one off. new shop just opened in town, decided to go check it out. heres what i came up with:IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/octrecs.jpg>45s:lost generation - the sly, the slick, and the wickedjames spencer - take this woman off the cornermaceo and the macks - parrtyjospehine taylor - is it worth a chancei'm happy. dude said theres gonna be a bunch of funk 45s coming in this week so i gotta check back for that...

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

jospehine taylor - is it worth a chance

thats your winner right there... sell that and get some of that "new record store" money...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

jospehine taylor - is it worth a chance

thats your winner right there... sell that and get some of that "new record store" money...

? worth money? aside from the 50-cent lost generation, that was the cheapest of the bunch.

not mint by any means, but its recorded loud and plays well.

• Options

The one with "Express Yourself". These are both extra's.

Dope post-disco soul LP. A double.

Killer soulful disco 12 from noted TO reggae label. Rap on flip. This might be the couple guys from the Counts after they moved here (they recorded other things for this label as well)

Dope early 80's BK reggae courtesy of Horace Andy. May be a Wackie's affiliation here.

Killer early 80's studio 1 original over a timeless Heptones rhythm (made after Coxsone set up in BK). Johnny Osbourne's "Murderer" alo on this label as an original.

Rockers style "Queen.." cover. Note the producer.

Seldom scene flute instrumental of "Psychedelic Train) bought from Derick's store in Kingston.

Derrick spent many years living in the States and is scholar of US 60's/early 70's soul. His voice shows it.

John Holt's "Ali Baba" is what you call a big tune.

Smart's stuff is sometimes suspect on this (revolutionaires) label. Not this song. Rooooots and culture.

Killer Toronto-only dub 45 that reaks of Roots Radics involvement (and I'd wager a well-decorated producer). $15 plus shipping while they last. Rhyhtm is rockers take on studio 1 classic, Carlton and the SHoes "Love Me Forever"

Kevin in Canada.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I have a Derrick Harriott 12" on that label. I recall liking it a lot. Dunno where or what it is though...

• Options
    CHeck it Out? The Loser b/w Slave? Some Guys HAve All the Luck? Whip It?

K.

Searchin, brb

Born To Love You[/b]

• A few very nice things from a garage sale this weekend. (sorry.) the JBs is prolly up for sale or trade so holla. But K. in Canada keeps twisting the dagger in my heart. (trial reference...anyone get it?...)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Upgrade:

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

nice private press modern soul-boogie from boston...this record caught over $300 on the bay last year

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    whoops..

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    a friend of mine just unloaded onto me a bunch of 45s from mid to late 90s bay area emo/hardcore bands. shit i listened to at 15 or so, good stuff.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i'm having a off day today...can i get a shout on what i'm doing wrong to post pics...
    i feel like a clown right now

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    spiv,

Go to your album at photobucket.com and copy the url under the pics you want show, and not the url of the page that appears when you open the picture.

Peace

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i managed to right the ship...thanks

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

• Man, I dig that Salloom Sinclair record. That two minute bass/drum workout is sweeet. What you think of it?

- J

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Only one so far;

Flutes orientales sacrees des derviches tourneurs.
    Vogue VG 403 590542, 1971.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Soul:
    David Ruffin[/b] "Feelin' Good" (Motown)
    David Ruffin[/b] "S/T" (Motown)
    Chi-Lites[/b] "Half a Love" (Brunswick)
    Reflections[/b] "Love on Delivery" (Capitol)
    Leon's Creation[/b] "This is the Beginning" (Studio 10)

Modern Soul:
    Kevin Toney[/b] "Special K" (Fantasy)
    General Caine II[/b] "Get Down Attack" Groove Time"
    Major Lance[/b] "The Majors Back" (Kat Family)
    Webster Lewis[/b] "Let Me Be The One" (Columbia)
    Fat Larry's Band[/b] "Lookin For Love" (Fantasy)

Jazz:
    David T Walker[/b] "Plum Happy" (Zea)
    Gene Russel[/b] "Listen Here" (Ovation)

Latin/ Brazilian:
    Gal Costa[/b] "A Are Da..." (Fontana)
    Quetecy Alma[/b] "El Sol Brilla Para Todos" (Tico) - '74 produced by Tito Puente

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just one yesterday, but a nice score for $5 at the spot next to where I do my laundry:

Oh, and a dupe of the Tami Terrell solo LP on Motown, VG for $1, I couldn't just leave it there...

PS
    Guzzo, that David Ruffin record "Felin' Good" is the shit.
    And I ain't just talking 'bout the cover:

Look familiar?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

PS
    Guzzo, that David Ruffin record "Felin' Good" is the shit.
    And I ain't just talking 'bout the cover:

Look familiar?

I'm so into that David Ruffin, I was contemplating making a David Ruffin appreciation post cause dude had one of the greatest voices EVAR!!![/b]. was lucky enough to find that album and his self titled within 48 hours of each other. Both are just so nice with Feelin' Good just slightly edging out the other one as my favorite.

But seriously though if y'all listen to "Ain't to Proud to Beg" by the temptations and can't eel the emotion that dude carries across with that opening "I know you wanna leave me/ But I refuse to let you go..." y'all got issues.

BTW SoulonIce: apparently that Feelin' good goes for a little cheese (check popsike)

• John Holt's "Ali Baba" is what you call a big tune.

My dream last night was about ali baba...

• Upgrade:
    I still need one of these

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    45s:
    lost generation - the sly, the slick, and the wicked
    i really like that jam. definitely 50 cents well spent for you.

• Options
    Tuesday:

Finds

I like this.

Trades from a friend

K in Canada

• K - what's up with:

Paul Harlock - Eloha (got it on my Jackson/Huntsville run last week)

does he have any other records or is this the sole effort????

thanx in advance....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Options
    Don't know the record, Georges. Canadian? label?

Sorry dude, K.

• Don't know the record, Georges. Canadian? label?

I'll bring the label info tomorrow but it's a Reggae jawn that has one cut

thanx

• all a dollar today. all for sale except the steady b and pe. the 12"s are spoonie gee meets sequence-monster jam, michael jackson-don't stop til you get enough and edwin birdsong rapper dapper snapper

dave