Damian Marley...

KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Have I been sleeping? All I've got is "It Was Written" (which is ILL!) and the current 7's ("Khacki Suit" which is sweet, and of course "Jamrock"). Should I buy the record these are of off or would I be disapointed? Are there other things from his back catolog I should cop? Do all the Marleys really live it up compound style somewhere in south Dade county? How amny of 'em are there? Do they really try and pay people in weed? Are there lots of kids running around?

Comments

• There are many Marley's. The man spread his seed thoughout the land. One of his daughters went to my school, but she was several years older than me.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The album is dope. Its got like 5 or so tracks that are really, really dope, but its also got its share of stinkers. Nas drops one of his best verses in a long time on there, too.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Do all the Marleys really live it up compound style somewhere in south Dade county? How amny of 'em are there? Do they really try and pay people in weed? Are there lots of kids running around?

No, they do not live in a compound style house in South Dade. It's a huge house in the middle of the burbs, although the 8ft wall prevents anyone from seeing what goes on inside. The only "kids" who live there are Damian and Steven, although most of them come through and visit, 10/11 of them in all. Most of the other folks that live in the house are Steven???s wife, kids, the guy that breaks up the weed and cooks and the band when necessary. All the recordings are done in the studio behind the kitchen or JA. Talk about a ???Home??? Studio SSL and Avalons like WHAT!

Yes, they do try to pay in jars of weed (no swag). I only accepted that form of payment once.

• The woman and I steady rock this album.8 out of 10. The beats onmost of the tracks flow so smoothly. Both the track with Nas and Blackthought are two of my faves.

• yeah, Damian's skill and hustle is nothing new. He's been putting out cuts for a while now.

The Jamrock album is incredible by the way. Finally heard the whole LP.