what's goin' on? a sad, sad, sight

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    and after seeing this i GUA-RON-TEE no kids will act out like little mommy did.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    but if you beat that ass a couple good times pretty soon you dont even HAVE to whoop em. just give them that 'look' and kind of touch your belt buckle. its like pullin out a 9mm. done deal.

Interseting theroy. Perhaps we could end all violence and crime if we just start spanking children. Autistic kids? Whoop them a few times, they will stop acting weird.

To make this kinda record related, did you read the Marvin Gaye biography? His dad loved using the belt. Marvin was always looking for ways to provoke dad, and he got lots of whoopings. Well Marvin provoked dad one too many times, and he aint misbehaved since.

Dan

• but if you beat that ass a couple good times pretty soon you dont even HAVE to whoop em. just give them that 'look' and kind of touch your belt buckle. its like pullin out a 9mm. done deal.

REAL TALK.

That "move to the buckle" is exactly like reachin' for the holster.

"Hold up! We don't have to take it to that level, Dad. I see the error in my ways...."

While Thich Nhat Hanh might argue that the threat of violence is the same as violence, I would argue (from experience) that there's something to be said for it. Not in all cases, but definitely in some.

I don't know WHAT the fuck is up with parents letting kids walk all over them and tell 'em "fuck you" and "shut up." My inner child cringes every time I see that shit ('cause the inner child knows he'd tote an ass-whuppin' for that).

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    You guys saying that ass-whoopin is the only way to prevent kids from lacing up the New Balance 625s?

and after seeing this i GUA-RON-TEE no kids will act out like little mommy did.

Oh SNAP! Your playing me. Emmit Till is the name of a sassy kid who got "disciplined". You had me beliving that belt shit you were talking.

To make this record related; "We had never seen THE BELT, but we had heard about it. It was 8 feet long, and 6 feet wide and had hooks on it that would rip the meat off your body." Bill Cosby, To Russell The Brother Whom I Slept With.

Dan

AMEN, mr hogg.

look, im not sayin that you just whoop ass at random or for every little thing. parents know when to pull out the belt and when not too. its just that in some situations, to avoid a bigger problem later, you have to dead shit and let em know. that 'time out' shit is a joke for most kids as well as adults. no, you dont wild out on an autistic kid, but if your knucklehead son keeps actin out over a hotwheel at the store...you know what time it is. (maybe not AT the store..but shit, my moms was a down ass chic)

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I don't know WHAT the fuck is up with parents letting kids walk all over them and tell 'em "fuck you" and "shut up." My inner child cringes every time I see that shit ('cause the inner child knows he'd tote an ass-whuppin' for that).

AMEN!!! I woulda got tore the fuck UP for acting like that. My mom woulda whooped me with whatever the fuck she could grab first and my dad woulda got country on a motherfucker and made me go get my own switch. I never did figure out which one was worse but both worked like a charm.

I remember getting swatted by teachers...and laughing when you got sent to the principal because he swatted you all gently with a little bouncy ball paddle and it didnt' hurt at all. I never understood that till I got older and was like "...ohhhhhh he didn't like hitting kids, duh" But man, a couple teachers had some mean ass paddles with holes in em for less wind resistance or some shit. I didn't fuck up in those classes too much.

If ass whoopings work so well how come all you all got so many? Sounds to me like you were worse than these kids today.

in my case, i would simply weigh if what i was about to do was worth an ass whoopin. most of the time it wass cuz the shit didnt even hurt after awhile. risk vs. gain....kids have choices

in my case, i would simply weigh if what i was about to do was worth an ass whoopin. most of the time it wass cuz the shit didnt even hurt after awhile. risk vs. gain....kids have choices

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    If ass whoopings work so well how come all you all got so many? Sounds to me like you were worse than these kids today.

shiiiiit...I never broke shit on a teachers desk or tried to punch a vice principal.

I just got em for acting up or making my mom worry where I was for 4 hours.

some kids should know that there are repercussions. moreso than just a "jimmy, you know thats not nice." or some time alone in their room. may not have be a whoopin, but parents really have to get creative. kids are like women in that the law is on their side and some of them know and abuse that fact.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Bottomline,teachers have no authority to get physical with children these days, period. Liability is too great. So they call police to handle and oversee problem situations. In this case, those officers acted with very poor judgement, both for themselves and that child. I am sure their uniformed prescence scared her quite a bit, but instead of using that intimidation to gain behavioral control(which most any trained cop knows how to do even with teens)it looks like they thought they would make a point to her by going the extra mile of handcuffing and essentially arresting her. That was a HUGE mistake. They have authority to use restraint, but how could they think that handcuffing would not have made headlines? "3 white cops handcuff little Black 5-year old girl" SHOULD have been a deterrent to their poor judgement, maybe other cops will think twice. Most already do, and have no need to deal with kids in this way.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    With all this wisdom being shared on how to discipline kids, I'm sure we won't have to worry about a shortage of abusive idiots anywhere in the sooner or further future.
    Compliments on keeping up tradition and true values.

clueless. im outta herre.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    some kids should know that there are repercussions. moreso than just a "jimmy, you know thats not nice." or some time alone in their room. may not have be a whoopin, but parents really have to get creative. kids are like women in that the law is on their side and some of them know and abuse that fact.

I think that physical discipline is required with some children, and a smart parent knows when and when NOT to apply it. Facts are, tho, that America is way beyond any OTHER adult legally even physically intimidating someone else's child in the name of discipline, so the situation you are trying to defend is moot. No one in that room could have legally gave the kid a whooping, no matter how much she MIGHT have deserved one, as her parent wasn't there. And since we don't know the girl's family and behavioral situation outside of this, it's impossible to tell if she is recieving too MUCH or too LITTLE discipline at home.

So outside of her trying to hurt herself, those cops have some 'splaining to do, IMO.

I think that physical discipline is required with some children, and a smart parent knows when and when NOT to apply it. Facts are, tho, that America is way beyond any OTHER adult legally even physically intimidating someone else's child in the name of discipline, so the situation you are trying to defend is moot. No one in that room could have legally gave the kid a whooping, no matter how much she MIGHT have deserved one, as her parent wasn't there. And since we don't know the girl's family and behavioral situation outside of this, it's impossible to tell if she is recieving too MUCH or too LITTLE discipline at home.

So outside of her trying to hurt herself, those cops have some 'splaining to do, IMO.

I seriously doubt the child was misbehaving. She was out of control. In other words she had lost control of her actions. Not because she had not been beaten enough, but because she has physical/mental problems. Every adult in that room had the right, and the obligation, to restrain her until she was safe.

Frank; I was hoping you would join in when we were talking about the new pope.

Dan

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I'm not sure where this thread went but I wasn't whooped. i was spanked. That's what I meant. My stepdad had a policy of only using his palm on the ass. No closed hand, no back hand. that is child abuse. A spanking is not if done right. I was spanked a total of maybe 4 times.
    that shit hurt like a muhfugga and i knew I didn;t want that. One time after my spanking I was was a spart ass and said, "didn't hurt" stupid. He resumjed the spanking.

This is all kind of moot since we don't know the background of the story. It's kinda sad that the media didn't protect the little girls identity.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Frank; I was hoping you would join in when we were talking about the new pope.

Dan

Sorry to disappoint you, Dan but I was kinda busy for tha past couple of days and didn't have much time to waste on popes, dead or living... it doesn't really matter who it is anyway, just another senile half-dead zombie puppet. Of course Ratzinger was probably the worst choice possible for any positively thinking person but for a nihilist like me, I rather have some orthodox reactionary scarecrow than some pseudoliberal would-be reformist, suits them better, so I guess it's all fine with me.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Just out of interest: how many of you whooping experts have kids?

• shit my parents used to give my teachers permission to whoop my ass