what's goin' on? a sad, sad, sight

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WTF

• It really looks like they're cuffing her, but are you guys sure? At any rate, she looks damn pissed...

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Give us some context so we can be outraged too.

my bad - more on google

• I now have a new favorite news source.

But for reals, this story is severely messed up. I saw the footage on the news last night and was in complete disbelief.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    From what I've read, it sounds like the school's employees handled the incident well. The cops, on the other hand, did the most ridiculous thing they could have done: handcuffing a 5-year-old child who had already gotten herself under control. That is the stupidest thing they could have done in that situation. As if it needs to be said... fuck the police.

• That's the stupidest police behavior you could find in all of florida?? How about this one... DEA officer shoots self in foot while demonstrating gun safety to 4th graders.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Sad indeed.

I work with kids ages 5 to 12. Ive met about 2,000 different kids and some, let me tell you, are brats big time.

Jelly beans, of course...

But handcuffed by police? Im sure there was a better alternative.

Way to use yer noggins there, Five O!!

yeah and from a Special Educator's standpoint it seems that this girl is obviously Emotionally Disturbed and should be treated like any other kid with a disability, not like some drug dealer on the corner. This is sickening.

She seems to be wearing a uniform, is this a Catholic school? A public school has a strict protocol with regards to kids with disabilities, I'm not sure what private schools have to do.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    That's the stupidest police behavior you could find in all of florida?? How about this one... DEA officer shoots self in foot while demonstrating gun safety to 4th graders.

This is crazy on so many levels.

1. He is exposing his face to a bunch of people in public and then they freak that the video was shown????

2. He fires a shot (most likely a blank) in front of a bunch of kids???? That's a pretty fucked up way to make a point. Just make the kids wet themselves and have nightmares why don't you.

• That's the stupidest police behavior you could find in all of florida?? How about this one... DEA officer shoots self in foot while demonstrating gun safety to 4th graders.

1. He is exposing his face to a bunch of people in public and then they freak that the video was shown????

2. He fires a shot (most likely a blank) in front of a bunch of kids???? That's a pretty fucked up way to make a point. Just make the kids wet themselves and have nightmares why don't you.

No blanks - he shot himself accidentally in the foot. He was demonstrating gun safety, and you don't see it on the clip online, but what he's saying before he accidentally shoots himself is how he's the only person in the room qualified to handle a firearm, he always check the safety, etc. etc.

Plus, they keep on talking about him being "undercover".... he's not undercover, he's just a DEA agent acting a fool!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Both of these incidents happened under the watchful eye of the next president of the USA Jeb Bush.

What kind of sick school calls the police to handle a 5 year old girl? There should be people in the school building who are capable of dealing with out of control children. The police have little or no training in dealing with out of control kids.

I work in an elementray school where there are some kids who are sometimes completely out of control. The special ed teachers know how to safely restrain the children until they are no longer a danger to themselves or others.

These kids are not brats or thugs. They have physical or mental problems that cause them to lose control and become violent.

Both of these stories are only news because they were video taped, and thus could be on the web and tv. They probably cuff kids and shot themselves in the foot on a daily basis in FL.

Dan

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    That's the stupidest police behavior you could find in all of florida?? How about this one... DEA officer shoots self in foot while demonstrating gun safety to 4th graders.

No blanks - he shot himself accidentally in the foot. He was demonstrating gun safety, and you don't see it on the clip online, but what he's saying before he accidentally shoots himself is how he's the only person in the room qualified to handle a firearm, he always check the safety, etc. etc.

Plus, they keep on talking about him being "undercover".... he's not undercover, he's just a DEA agent acting a fool!

Damb! Now I can add

3. Mutherfucker gots a loaded gun in a room fulla kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The news report mentions that he says the bit about 'rappers talk about this gun and I'm the only one qualified....' so I guess God wanted to teach him and the kids a lesson!!!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    This doesn't surprise me. You can't discipline your kids anymore without CPS being involved. The funny thing is, this same thing happened in Buckeye, Arizona with a 5 year old boy who got handcuffed AND put in the squad car and parents seem to be okay with this

So, who's fault is this? The cops? Teacher? Parents of the girl? All of the above?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

So, who's fault is this? The cops? Teacher? Parents of the girl? All of the above?

Teachers and school administration. 5 year olds throw tantrums. Some have physical (ie autisim) or emotional problems that cause them to lose control. Teachers are supposed to know how to safely deal with these situations.

This is not a disciplin problem. Calling the cops did far more harm than good I am sure. What are they going to do next time she loses control? Call the National Guard? The DEA?

Dan

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i would have slapped that little girl silly....either that or flashed some of that leather. she woulda knew what time it was then. her momma should be slapped too.

i would have slapped that little girl silly....either that or flashed some of that leather. she woulda knew what time it was then. her momma should be slapped too.

Wow, you're enlightened homie.

all im sayin is...WHOOPINs WORK! if ya momma put some of that leather on yo back you might think twice about doin dumb shit. trust me.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

yeah and from a Special Educator's standpoint it seems that this girl is obviously Emotionally Disturbed and should be treated like any other kid with a disability, not like some drug dealer on the corner. This is sickening.

As a special educator, you should know not to diagnose a student unless you've actually worked with him or her.

all im sayin is...WHOOPINs WORK! if ya momma put some of that leather on yo back you might think twice about doin dumb shit. trust me.

I'd have to know the situation, but if my kid acted the way I see some of these spoiled West LA kids act, there would be a serious whooping too. I don't know about this one. For all I know, this little girl could be abused. Big difference. But again, i havn't got a clue of her situation.

true, boo. but i just think that an occasional whoopin should be applied just to keep kids on their toes.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    touchy situation. i agree with mr trill, but in theory only. but i will say this, if you dont whoop your kids, eventually someone else will. and they might not show the same amount of mercy.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Black children frequently get misdiagnosed for behavior issues because they're "loud" and "in your face." The fact is, if you're a minority, you are far more likely to be diagnosed for behavioral problems than for mental problems. It cuts both ways, though -- some shitty parents/guardians work the system and use the medication money for other ends. Not saying that's the case with the young person in the picture; clearly that situation was not handled correctly.

but if you beat that ass a couple good times pretty soon you dont even HAVE to whoop em. just give them that 'look' and kind of touch your belt buckle. its like pullin out a 9mm. done deal.

Black children frequently get misdiagnosed for behavior issues because they're "loud" and "in your face.".

come on, dude. this is ballshit. what about them "fuckyou mommy! i dont want any peas!" spoiled kids?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    You're digging yourself into a hole (no spider).

Black children frequently get misdiagnosed for behavior issues because they're "loud" and "in your face.".

come on, dude. this is ballshit. what about them "fuckyou mommy! i dont want any peas!" spoiled kids?

I had this conversation w/ my girlfriend last night. I said, "If my child says "Fuck You!" to me, he/she's getting the slapdown. They will know how to act.

Black children frequently get misdiagnosed for behavior issues because they're "loud" and "in your face."

I do see this happening though.

"loud' and "in your face"???

this is some of the most stereotypical bullshit ive ever read. that is a very sweeeping judgment there. we love us some kool aid too.

paging: Jimmy the Greek.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Nah, dude, I'm not stereotyping. Those were words used by my special ed professor to describe the way certain teachers do stereotype black children and justify diagnosing them for behavioral problems.

Does that make sense?

"loud' and "in your face"???
    this is some of the most stereotypical bullshit ive ever read. that is a very sweeeping judgment there. we love us some kool aid too.

paging: Jimmy the Greek.

So I guess you support cops arresting little children. Kinda sadistic bro. You may wan't to get that looked at.

i thinks its unusual that the cops came and did it but what else could be done? if oneof the faculty wrestled her down or tried to 'contain' her then johhny would have rose from his grave to take that case. it wouldhave been blown the eff up. the staff/police did the right thing. they didnt kick her ass or nothin. i dont see a problem with the decisions made here. maybe they could have waited for moms but she wasnt reachable.