Cubase Question (NRR)

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Working on some remixes using cubase and I can't seem to figure out how to turn off the 'snap to grid' so I can move things around freely. Anyone know?tnx

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    theres a button that looks like this:

>i

with the crocodiles. its right to the toolbar in the main window, and in the pianoroll its a little further to the right of the toolbar.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Anyone know why Cubase has a penchant for placing audio all over the place when you paste it?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Anyone know why Cubase has a penchant for placing audio all over the place when you paste it?

yeah sometimes when you paste it'll end up where youre currently in the song if its playing.. pretty annoying! if you want to place it where you you want. you have to stop the playback of the tune first - then paste it. theres probably some better solution but this is the only one i know of.

• I believe the "J" key is the key shortcut for turning snap on/off

• oh and in terms of pasting audio, or midi as well---it gets pasted in relation to what track you have selected. That block next to every track, which defines it as midi or audio etc, whichever one of those is selected is where the event will be pasted to. hope that helps

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Thank you for the info. I'll check into it.

Yeah, pasting of info seems to drop in on the track you are currently selected and the point of insertion is where the cursor is at the time. A little annoying but not a big deal.

Here's another question,

I usually use the L & R markers to designate the part of the mix I want to export as a separate MP3 but was always curious to know if there was a way to break a long mix into multiple track in one go and not one track at a time...

• chasechase 767 Posts
    here's a question I cant seem to figure out..

can you take two mono tracks pan each one out and turn them into one stereo track?

before I knew the program well I recorded all the tracks mono, adding effects is becoming a pain in the ass...

I know I could export the two tracks in to a stereo track and then re-import them, but there has to be an easier way...