The Office (UK) Appreciation (tvondvd related)

BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I'm sure it's been talked about before around here... but DAMN I'm really getting into the original Office series on DVD. First season is quite funny... and then second season gets almost so awkward you feel sad for the characters. Ricky Gervais' caricature of the bumbling manager really hits home as I've been having to deal with more management types at work lately. Gotta be a few others that are feeling this show like I am...Can't seem to get enough tv on dvd lately. The only way to watch.

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If you're into Ricky Gervais, you should do a search on your favourite torrent site for 'Extras'.
    I duno if this has been aired over in the US yet, but its his and fellow Office writer, Stephen Merchant's new show.
    Its not as good as the office, but it has their very special brand of excruciatingly painful comedy, plus a splatering of guest stars inc. Ben Stiller, Kate Winslet and Samuel L. Jackson.

• I watch The Office (first season mostly) atleast one time every week. Favourite episode right now is number 5 from the first season when David is looking for a new assistant.

The second season is funny aswell but it's alot more darker.
    Have you seen the christmas episodes btw? DOPE shit!

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    If you're into Ricky Gervais, you should do a search on your favourite torrent site for 'Extras'.
    I duno if this has been aired over in the US yet, but its his and fellow Office writer, Stephen Merchant's new show.
    Its not as good as the office, but it has their very special brand of excruciatingly painful comedy, plus a splatering of guest stars inc. Ben Stiller, Kate Winslet and Samuel L. Jackson.

I saw one episode (the one where Ben Stiller is directing a film about Bosnian war) recently, liked it a lot. The Office is probably my favorite TV-show of all time.

• nah,the special episode where he is looking for a date through a dating agency and keeps getting large women..when he is waiting in the pub and the fat woman walks up..the look on his face is priceless 'for fucks sake'

still can`t understand how the american 'version' got given a second season.

• snosno 332 Posts

I reckon Gervais' character in "Extras" is more Tim Canterbury-ish than David Brent. Rather, it's Merchant's portrayal of the incompetent agent which is extremely Brent-like.

The last episode of season 1 with Patrick Stewart pitching his action/adventure script is priceless.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    What do you guys think of the US version of the show? Alot of people seem to hatt on it. But Im watching both and Im enjoying em both! I really miss the actor playing that military dude in the US one tho.

• What do you guys think of the US version of the show? Alot of people seem to hatt on it. But Im watching both and Im enjoying em both! I really miss the actor playing that military dude in the US one tho.

I would think that the US Office was funny if I never knew about the UK version. But I can't help but continually compare it to the original, and it never stands up. Without Gervais it's just not the same. He really carries the show.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The Office is the best show ever. EVAR!.

Favourite episode right now is number 5 from the first season when David is looking for a new assistant.

The way Brent takes several pictures of the female assistant and snaps a single shot of the male assistant (without even taking his eyes off the girl) was too fuckin classic.

• The Office is the best show ever. EVAR!.

Favourite episode right now is number 5 from the first season when David is looking for a new assistant.

The way Brent takes several pictures of the female assistant and snaps a single shot of the male assistant (without even taking his eyes off the girl) was too fuckin classic.

And then his pose sprawled out on the desk when she comes in for the interview... damn. Pure sleaze.