The 1st time you made mad cake on a record

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I'm vaklempt, discuss amongst yourselves

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    1200 for a Manzel - Midnights Theme and I've been fascinated ever since.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    $150 for Junior Murvin "Roots Train" 45 on ebay. Just can't believe someone would pay that much for that song.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    $500 on a test press of the Smoke "S/t" (AKA the OST to candy tangerine man)
    a month later I sold a Tal Armstrong Tallest man in Love for $350

• djrdjr 511 Posts

My wife'll tell you I keep all the good records, and so I never make any money.....

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    $622

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    $80 for a VG- copy of "Rhythm and Rhyme" and the same amount for that Doc Oliver 45 on Janus. This was about 3 years ago.

• Options
    $100 for an og Juggaknots ep on Fondle Em, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Haven't sold much at all since.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    $350 for Jackdaw

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    don't laugh... but $80 for a john frusciante 45

• $250 for a rare disco 12" which i cant seem to remember the name of. Rhythm Machine possibly? It's been awhile..and my dumbass didnt make a dub of it.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    $100 for an og Juggaknots ep on Fondle Em, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Haven't sold much at all since.

Does that still go for loot? I have one layin around somewhere.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Hasn't really gone for much since it got repressed.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

$40 MAYBE????

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

That was my first one, I've made more since then but I don't have a camera with me right now.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    MAD CAKE, YO!

• I am gonna consider mad cake as over 100. I have made 30-70 many times but only once over 100 on Dwight Franklin. Made $110.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Spitting Image - JB's Latin. I paid something like $0.25 for it. I put it up on ebay with a $20 reserve thinking if I didn't get that I'd just keep it. To my surprise (and slight embarrasment considering my prior nonchalance in handling it) it reached about $417.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This was my first big sale:

I think it sold for something in the neighbourhood of $600US; the price has since gone down.

And then there have been my AP moments:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4006712288

Sure, it's a great album, but why it went for four times the going rate is anybody's guess. I didn't complain.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    $500 on a test press of the Smoke "S/t" (AKA the OST to candy tangerine man)

that's nuts! the regular version is like a 5-10 dollar record.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ron Buford 45 for $160 about 6 years ago and then finally broke $1000 with a Tabby Thomas 45 last year.

• I hit the $500 something 5 years ago with Baris Manco - D??nden Bug??ne.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    $650 for that Epitaph 45 that was on the Midwest Funk compilation.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    1200 for a Manzel - Midnights Theme and I've been fascinated ever since
    i wonder if whoever you sold it to knew there was a repress

well, this was before there was a repress. But I think it was always available on a UBB comp or something.

Recently, there was this.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4774364217&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    1200 for a Manzel - Midnights Theme and I've been fascinated ever since
    i wonder if whoever you sold it to knew there was a repress

well, this was before there was a repress. But I think it was always available on a UBB comp or something.

Recently, there was this.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4774364217&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

"well, how much do you want for this record?"

"where did you get it?"

"in the back"

"Uh, I guess you can just have it"

"thanks"

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    That's crazy dude. I picked that one up for 1000 yen back in the day and it wasn't particularly hard to find. Too bad I flipped it for much needed $$

• $ 1100 for the Debut lp by the "Brief Encounter" (only sold after their concerts). Not a shocking lp by the way...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

sold this for ~$300 in like '99ish. it seems to have gone down a little. maybe people realized it's not a very good record.

• Options
    Marley/Wailers "Selassie is the Chapel" blank $3000US. Ended going back to the sellers house and droppping $1000 cash through his door (and picking up the bills in his mailslot and paying them at the bank - another $500).

I didn't know what the record was whne I found it and paid $5 for it.

K.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Do I give you my want list so you can find it and put it on ebay?

I thought we were going to work some kind of deal.