Big L Lifestylez LP question

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hi,Does anyone here know how to spot an OG copy of the 1st Big L Lp? Any help would be cool.Peaceh

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

Got my answer from the hommie Raer Dave - dood knows his business.

Thanks

h

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Share with everyone....

• Hi,

Does anyone here know how to spot an OG copy of the 1st Big L Lp? Any help would be cool.

Peace

h

I got the OG. But it's so long since I've seen the reish, so I can't remember the difference. If you want to know any details on it, I can help you.

But as far as I remember; they look pretty similar.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    'Times Iz Hard' wasn't listed on the original press label. I didn't realise it was listed on the reissue/bootleg...

It was a Finesse-produced track that got cut from the line-up, along with 'Devil's Son' and 'School Days'. There's a few bootleg 12"s with those cuts on though - and (as everyone probably already knows) an official Columbia promo of 'Devil's Son'.

I'm still looking for a good MP3 of 'Timez Is Hard' without the 'Big L extravaganza!' shouting over the intro!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    'Times Iz Hard' wasn't listed on the original press label. I didn't realise it was listed on the reissue/bootleg...

It was a Finesse-produced track that got cut from the line-up, along with 'Devil's Son' and 'School Days'. There's a few bootleg 12"s with those cuts on though - and (as everyone probably already knows) an official Columbia promo of 'Devil's Son'.

I'm still looking for a good MP3 of 'Timez Is Hard' without the 'Big L extravaganza!' shouting over the intro!

Shoulda Used A Rubber is a bonus on the Japanese release of the CD...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Share with everyone....

Yo,

the og will have "sony records" & the year (1995, I think) written on the back side of the cover on the lower left hand corner.

h

• Share with everyone....

Yo,

the og will have "sony records" & the year (1995, I think) written on the back side of the cover on the lower left hand corner.

h

was it ever booted/reissued on single vinyl?
    i finally got a copy when i traded a friend a waterdamaged copy of some anticon record for it. some people got their priorites screwed up!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I was trying to find my OG doubles over the wknd to help yall out with this but no luck... it is a single LP, with the same type of sleeve you see for other Columbia records of the era... I think there's a sticker on it?

Has there ever even been a single LP reish/boot?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i finally got a copy when i traded a friend a waterdamaged copy of some anticon record for it. some people got their priorites screwed up!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Share with everyone....

Yo,

h

was it ever booted/reissued on single vinyl?

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a single vinyl reissue. I've seen a number of single vinyl copies online & they can't all be OG.

• i finally got a copy when i traded a friend a waterdamaged copy of some anticon record for it. some people got their priorites screwed up!

i was real happy with that deal!
    my cat was the one who water damaged the anticon one. i had it on a table ready to sell on ebay, didnt get around to it, came home one day and he had knocked over an open bottle of water on the table to get at the watery goodness inside, it was on the bottom of the stack sealed.
    I WAS SUPER PISSED!!

• i finally got a copy when i traded a friend a waterdamaged copy of some anticon record for it. some people got their priorites screwed up!

man deal of the century right there. you didn't feel bad playing your friend like that?

• I can report that there are 2 label variations of the original issue, one with Times is Hard[/b] on the label, and one without. they are otherwise absolutely identical, right down to the matrix details, pressed off the same stamper for sure.

got a scan??

pz

RD