Post Record With Family Member

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
My pop's whippin up a mean wah on this baby. Clean, baby, clean.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    awzum. MP3?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    My uncle Fritz is slapping those conga skins on:

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

My father's cousin (who I have never met) made this record on my father's label.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    thats your dads label? wow... nice!

http://funky16corners.tripod.com/10_otis_goodwin.htm

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    My mom produced, played keyboard and sang background vocals on this album. The real musical Ferrari, Susan 'Red' Ferrari. She's done other stuff, but I don't have any pics. She was in a punk band in SF in the late 70s called the Crispy Babies and she swears she has a 45 somewhere, but can't find it. I need that ish!

DJ Ferrari

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

My aunt married Little Anthony's brother , my Uncle Sonny (RIP)

• My father's cousin (who I have never met) made this record on my father's label.
    i like that logo. you should spoof that 45 label for one of your mixes

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

My sis is in the red shirt.............Malcolm Mclaren's Double Dutch single.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    My pops!

Word!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    My brother's one of the kids singing on this.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I shitted my pants the day this record popped up on SoulStrut on account of vinylneck (I believe), in a thread about records you took a gamble on that turned out not to be that dope. OK, so its not funky, but this is dope to me because this is my uncle's high-school jazz band record, from Gary, IN. He plays trumpet and is picured below beneath the red arrow. Hommie was even cool enough to send it to me free of charge! (Much love for that). It blew my uncle's mind when I told him that I had one of his albums and that it popped up on the internet. The next time I saw him, he laid all types of stories out about those years on me. It was nice to seem him get tooken back to a special time in his life. Now only if one of the funk bands he was in had recorded something...

• my old man is on rhodes on this. These are demos of many of the tracks from this.

It's unclear-but he may have sessioned on Occasional Rain. he told me once he went up to chess to record with a folk singer. I didnt discover it was Terry Callier til many many years later. sure miss that dude.