Philly Dance Essentials

AaronAaron 977 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
What would y'all consider essential songs to play during a pre-disco Philly routine?Here's my shortlist:Archie Bell - Don't Let Love Get You DownWilliam DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You GotThe Futures - Ain't No Time Fa NothingNorman Harris - In Good FaithMFSB - Let's Party DownMcFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stopping Us NowThe O'Jays - This Air I BreatheThe O'Jays - The Big GangsterThe O'Jays - I Love MusicBilly Paul - EastPeople's Choice - Do It Any Way You WannaLou Rawls - Let 'Em InSouth Shore Commission - We're On The Right Track

Comments

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

The Futures - Ain't No Time Fa Nothing

Is this the "I got so much time, but I aint got time for nuthin'" jam? I've been looking for this and didn't know the artist. What label is it on? Is it on Philly International? Has this song been right under my nose?

Add Archie Bell Where Do We Go When The Party's Over to the list.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Is this the "I got so much time, but I aint got time for nuthin'" jam? I've been looking for this and didn't know the artist. What label is it on? Is it on Philly International? Has this song been right under my nose?

Yes, that's the track.

SG

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Never thought of this as a dance tune. Lingers in the 90s BPM range where most disco is 110+.

• MFSB - Love is the message is a classic. Loft, Garage all them spots this was their theme songs. get the tee scott edit.