which artist sampeld the whispers - You are #1 ?

VikingabreaksVikingabreaks 28 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I know visionaries sampled it but I heard this sample on a commercial track on radio long time ago? I think 112 with someone? Any way I can remeber the beat was very good wich song was it? I looked but cant find it. Please help me

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    sampeld the whispers

I don't know, but pretty soon you'll be looking at a man sitting on a little bank, follow his directions.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I cant remember if thats the shit im thinking of....

but its not the Monica shit is it? THe one everybody sampled? The 213 shit?

• yeah its Monica - So Gone

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    213 (Snoop, Warren G & Nate Dogg) used it in a song also

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

It was a mixtape joint based on the Monica track that went over so well they threw it on the album... there's a white label as well

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

It was a mixtape joint based on the Monica track that went over so well they threw it on the album... there's a white label as well

i love that song

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    yeah its Monica - So Gone

Which was pretty weak - if you listen carefully, you can even hear where the loop is crudely edited before it comes back again; Missy calling herself a producer/beatmaker on the basis of that is mad

• 213 "So Fly" I just borrowed the cd from my work(I work at a music library) and there's a few cool track on that album if you're into the style.

I also heard Mr. Supreme play that whispers track (or just the sample) on a mix cd.