SOULSTRUT ADVICE COLUMN

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
Give and recieve. AP dropped the ball but he got a baby to deal with now, so it's all good. I propose questions be dropped and somebody with some expertise drop some knowledge.

I'll kick this one off:

It's been almost 4 years since I had a steady girlfriend. 2 month flings and ladies I can't take home to mom do not count, in my opinion. I'm not a huge bar person and I've been known to act hermit-like. What should I do to meet some new chicas?[/b] E-harmony.com and MySpace are not my ideal ways of meeting people. I'm toying with the idea of Grad school, which might help I guess.

Okay, I admit a little less Soulstrutting might help .

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

ladies I can't take home to mom

MINTYROSA

• I've met every girl that Ive ever gone out with in an art class or DJing. Art classes are great cuz you can show you're sensitive side but still look like a bad ass. A good one that isnt too fruity is ceramics. also you get messy. photography is also good because of the dark rooms and it its not as hard as learning to draw. hope that helps.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    how old are you

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Why should age matter?

I know y'all have some burning questions that we can collectively answer. I can't be the only one?

ladies I can't take home to mom

Thanks C****, that does put it in perspective, hah

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    The success in actively pursuing a steady relationship is strongly tied to age in my mind. I'm 22 and I'm not even thinking about that kind of shit and neither are most of the people around my age. The older people are, the more they think about that kind of stuff. At least that's what I think.

As far as meeting girls, the best advice someone gave me was to go up to at least five girls a day and just say hi or introduce yourself.

My question is: How can I get motivated to finish up this mix I've been working on since forever?

My question is: How can I get motivated to finish up this mix I've been working on since forever?

Find a friend on the Island who is into the same stuff as you. If you have someone or a group of friends there to motivate you, it makes it easier.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I can't stop eating chicken, is that bad ?

I can't stop eating chicken, is that bad ?

Yes, excessive eating can lead to weight gain, high cholesterol, and other maladies. You should curb your eating and excercise regularly if you aren't already doing so. You don't want to be 15 lbs overweight like yours truly.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

It's been almost 4 years since I had a steady girlfriend. 2 month flings and ladies I can't take home to mom do not count, in my opinion. I'm not a huge bar person and I've been known to act hermit-like. What should I do to meet some new chicas?[/b] E-harmony.com and MySpace are not my ideal ways of meeting people. I'm toying with the idea of Grad school, which might help I guess.

www.realdoll.com

• It sounds to me like you are looking for a nice girl you can stay with for an extended period. I think you should use match.com dude. I know a whole bunch of people who used that shit and came out of it with a good relationship. I know hot professional girls who use it. That's my advice.

I meet girls at clubs or bars, which is fine with me.

Aiight, I'mma peep that ish.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Do you have some friends that are girls? Have them introduce you to their friends. Be careful how you play the friend role with those that you have, though. Be awesome around them and be their friend, but also make sure they know you're a real dude and want a woman for yourself. If you act too much of a friend, the thought of hooking you up with one of their friends doesn't enter their minds because they don't see you that way. I always flirt with my lady friends just enough so the idea enters their heads. That way they're always introducing me to their friends and talking me up big time.

It's way better than trying to meet random women at bars and clubs. Man, do I suck at that. It's so shady too. All I need is a simple introduction from someone I know and it's on!

DJ Ferrari

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I always flirt with my lady friends just enough so the idea enters their heads.

DJ Ferrari

you GO playboy... ladies love cool I(van)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Do you have some friends that are girls? Have them introduce you to their friends. Be careful how you play the friend role with those that you have, though. Be awesome around them and be their friend, but also make sure they know you're a real dude and want a woman for yourself. If you act too much of a friend, the thought of hooking you up with one of their friends doesn't enter their minds because they don't see you that way. I always flirt with my lady friends just enough so the idea enters their heads. That way they're always introducing me to their friends and talking me up big time.

It's way better than trying to meet random women at bars and clubs. Man, do I suck at that. It's so shady too. All I need is a simple introduction from someone I know and it's on!

DJ Ferrari

this is very good advice.

Yah I used to have more ladyfriends but they've all fell out of touch or moved away. This city sux like that, people tend to move away during their 20's and return during their 40's-70's.

I'll give that a shot though, thx for the advice Ferrari F-50.

• It's been over a year and a half and I'm still goin' strong with my Lavalife.com lady. Don't sleep.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I used to go "uh OK..." at internet relationshsips - look at me now. meeting strutters in real life (platonically) and all that.

but seriously, i know of two couples, one married, another about to, who met online. and we are talking about love of their lives type thing. whatever works.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Art classes are good places to meet girls, but language classes are where its @. Take a french course, or something. If that doesn't work, try becoming a celebrity. I hear they meet chicks. I think you'd make a good talk show host or TV personality. Joining a gym is okay, but the only girls I eve meet @ the gym are strippers who are seeing dudes in the hells angels. Basically, what ever you do, never let any girl fuck with your head or your money. Believe me, u might be better off single...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I used to go "uh OK..." at internet relationshsips - look at me now. meeting strutters in real life (platonically) and all that.

If that doesn't work, try becoming a celebrity.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I've been known to act hermit-like.

Love was forbidden,
    and frendship a temporary,
    reversable affair

• Art classes are good places to meet girls, but language classes are where its @. Take a french course, or something. If that doesn't work, try becoming a celebrity. I hear they meet chicks. I think you'd make a good talk show host or TV personality. Joining a gym is okay, but the only girls I eve meet @ the gym are strippers who are seeing dudes in the hells angels. Basically, what ever you do, never let any girl fuck with your head or your money. Believe me, u might be better off single...

According to my girlfriend trying to pick up girls at the gym is .
    Her gym acctually has an area just for women so dudes can't oggle.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yo, just holla at any bird you see walking down the street with a fat ass, dun. "Yo shortayyyy"... that always works. Honk your horn and put your head out the window and say some shit like "DAMN you got a fat ass!" They always like that. Or if you wanna be all polite and shit, just grab them by the arm when they walk by and ask "yo shorty, come here, can I speak with you for a minute?" That works for me almost every time. But if you get rejected with that approach, don't even sweat that shit. They probably just lesbian.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

So we started lookin for the bitches with the big butts
    Like her, but she keep cryin
    "I got a boyfriend" Bitch stop lyin
    Dumb-ass hooker ain't nuttin but a dyke
    Suddenly I see, some niggaz that I don't like

• I've been known to act hermit-like.

Love was forbidden,
    and frendship a temporary,
    reversable affair

Schnipper with some white pants raer?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yo, just holla at any bird you see walking down the street with a fat ass, dun. "Yo shortayyyy"... that always works. Honk your horn and put your head out the window and say some shit like "DAMN you got a fat ass!" They always like that. Or if you wanna be all polite and shit, just grab them by the arm when they walk by and ask "yo shorty, come here, can I speak with you for a minute?" That works for me almost every time. But if you get rejected with that approach, don't even sweat that shit. They probably just lesbian.

Also, the old saw is true: If you're looking for it, you won't find it, but if you aren't looking for it, you'll stumble across it. If you're in womanhunt mode, you're hampering your chances. Be open to what's out there, but there's no need to be excessively on the prowl.

Introductions do work the best, though again, when introduced, don't immediately start eyeing homegirl like a filet mignon. Chat her up, be cool, and leave her with a good first impression.

Amusing side story about people playing Cupid: my friend was trying to hook up two of her other friends. Unfortunately, she was rather drunk at the time and said to the girl--in front of the guy she's trying to hook her up with--"I don't really think about him like this, but I bet he's a fucking monster in the sack." Now that's an endorsement!

• You're in SD right? Go the Keanu route and try and find a hottie surfer chica to teach you how to surf. Then maybe you'll meet some of her friends and rob banks and skydive. Yeah....rob banks and skydive....

• Also, the old saw is true: If you're looking for it, you won't find it, but if you aren't looking for it, you'll stumble across it. If you're in womanhunt mode, you're hampering your chances. Be open to what's out there, but there's no need to be excessively on the prowl.

Or, to put it in your own words, M*rk:

NEVER EXPECT RAER

• Do you have some friends that are girls? Have them introduce you to their friends. Be careful how you play the friend role with those that you have, though. Be awesome around them and be their friend, but also make sure they know you're a real dude and want a woman for yourself. If you act too much of a friend, the thought of hooking you up with one of their friends doesn't enter their minds because they don't see you that way. I always flirt with my lady friends just enough so the idea enters their heads. That way they're always introducing me to their friends and talking me up big time.

DJ Ferrari

vroooom vroooom!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

You need to drink more.

And spend time at some nice strip clubs.

You should also take up jogging (Keeps your mind clear)

Also, if you do masterbate a lot, try to cool it with that.

and try vegetarianism.

Can you fight? If not, take a self defence class.

If you're the kind of guy who needs to pack heat, always carry a gun. Knives are for toys.

All these things can help spice up your life. You might even get your brains fucked out along the way.

Peace

Hova