HEARING MUSIC FROM ANOTHER ROOM

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I FIND ALOT OF MUSIC SUSPECT WHEN I HEAR IT FROM ANOTHER ROOM,SOMETHING ABOUT HOW THE BASS AND DRUMS ALMOST SOUND ALITTLE OFF BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE HIDE THEIR MISTAKES IN THE MIX

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this thread is dope

I think the distance can fuck up and distort the rhythm. It's like playing music in a big room. When the music bounces back from the other side you start hearing double snares and all that.

I'm just talking out my ass though, really.

• I think sometimes beats sound totally different from another room... Like if one aspect is all that's coming through, and you hear it in a completely different way. I think that's kinda cool... Like a whole new song you never heard before.

Nothing about that... In fact it's .

Peace...
    FNM

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i think hearing music from different rooms is probably what triggered hip hop ideology in the first place, ie, your rents are playing some classic sheit in downstairs, older brother's playing some loud shit in the basement, you've got some pop shit on the radio in your room and you walking upstairs just when you hear all three at the same time at the right place

• look out for part two of this thread!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    When i'm back home i do this all the time when making beats, i leave the room and check out what it sounds like in the hall or downstairs... it's handy for hearing how bass sounds without other sounds getting in the way and give me an idea of what things may sound like over big shitty speakers or something or if it packs enough punch...

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i like to listen to my beats backwards

• i like to listen to my beats backwards

ayo

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I always make sure the beats sound good in the bathroom before I can say I'm done mixing. If I go in for #1, but end up doing the #2, I know the bass is just right.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i like to listen to my beats backwards

i actually do this too...haha

• music sounds almost better from a different room...like it's slurred. When not every small detail is spelled out for you, and you can fill in your own imagination.

What's great too is wslking down the street with music playing out of windows, picking it up differently as the wind changes.