Vegas Shuffle cancelled

coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
The Funk Weekender that was to be called Vegas Shuffle just got cancelled!Apparently poor pre-sale ticket reports got the promoters worried, and they pulled the plug.I dont get it really,as the dates are almost 4 months away.I personally do not know too many people that plan their partying that far in advance.I'm sure everything would have fallen together nicely come the last month.I'm kinda bummed,I was looking forward to DJing and swaping some records.Oh well!

Comments

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I'm bummed about that too. They have this new airline going into LV, to and from Pasco, and rates were only $69 (intro rates were ($35 or so). Damn.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    this is a bummer i was totally looking forward to this and was just about to buy a plane ticket. I even had a cousin who lives out there and it would have been a super fun mini vacation. it does seem to be a bit hastey to be pulling the plug especially all that went into it. i think someone should step up and do this in nyc. it would be much easier to pull off than vegas.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    The Funk Weekender that was to be called Vegas Shuffle just got cancelled!Apparently poor pre-sale ticket reports got the promoters worried, and they pulled the plug.I dont get it really,as the dates are almost 4 months away.I personally do not know too many people that plan their partying that far in advance.I'm sure everything would have fallen together nicely come the last month.I'm kinda bummed,I was looking forward to DJing and swaping some records.Oh well!

did you really think people were going to pay $65 plus $375 for hotels and $200-300 for airfare to see Keb Darge et al???? seems like you'd have to get at least 500 people to break even. I just couldn't see that many people wanting to spend that much money.