Ballers Beware

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    What, we don't have any ballers[/b] up in here?

None that feel like getting caught.

?????

I hope her new book addresses the issue of 'How to confirm if your baller[/b] is playing for the right TEAM' ( With a foreword by Star Jones-Reynolds[/b] ).

Ooooooooo, you know you wrong!!!! I feel you, though. "Cat's not the most masculine brother in the world."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

My wife records The View daily(hey, what can I say?)so I anxiously await the day when Star "confronts those ugly rumours about her man"! Hey, the way they all jibber jabber on and on, you know it's gotta happen someday!

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    bejesus

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What, we don't have any ballers[/b] up in here?

None that feel like getting caught.

?????

I hope her new book addresses the issue of 'How to confirm if your baller[/b] is playing for the right TEAM' ( With a foreword by Star Jones-Reynolds[/b] ).

Ooooooooo, you know you wrong!!!! I feel you, though. "Cat's not the most masculine brother in the world."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

My wife records The View daily(hey, what can I say?)so I anxiously await the day when Star "confronts those ugly rumours about her man"! Hey, the way they all jibber jabber on and on, you know it's gotta happen someday!

Your "wife" watches it religiously, huh?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    bejesus

who are these people? what's happening behind the towel?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    what's happening behind the towel?

its kinda like a dramatic and disgusting reenactment of the novel Moby Dick by Herman Melville

• bejesus

who are these people? what's happening behind the towel?

I think he's giving her a blowjob.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Your "wife" watches it religiously, huh?

Caught!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What I find hard to believe is that this is an "ESSENCE Magazine Best Seller"

Suede Magazine Best Seller?

Maybe that.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

That's what I thought too. Isn't Essence's goal is to show that black women can be and are successful, independent and sophisticated - trying to eliminate stereotypes as, according to it's writers, displayed in hip-hop videos and culture?

That's what I thought too. Isn't Essence's goal is to show that black women can be and are successful, independent and sophisticated - trying to eliminate stereotypes as, according to it's writers, displayed in hip-hop videos and culture?

Exactly. Front of January '05 issue has a story called "When Hip-Hop Hurts" about making strides to reverse negative images, etc. Just one example of what part of their mission as a magazine is. Given the current climate in hip-hop this book will sell well, without a doubt - but I wouldn't expect it to be a best seller with the (older) Essense readers. Suede is a much better fit, in fact Mysterious wrote an article for their inaugural issue. That would never appear in Essence.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Suede is a much better fit, in fact Mysterious wrote an article for their inaugural issue. That would never appear in Essence.

A Suede reader and Mysterious Luvah fan outed...

What I meant to say is that my "wife" told me all those things...

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    UPDATE: I purchased a copy of this book for faux_rillz on Sunday from this dude on 125th Street. He also gave me some free bookmarks with other titles from Black Pearl Books. I read it in two hours...I must agree with Star12345's assessment from Amazon.com where she describes it as "Off the Chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!"*

At the end of the book, there is a certificate of completion. So gentlemen, I AM NOW AN OFFICIAL BALLER-CATCHER!

*Edited to add more exclamation marks