Any customer service-type opinions on RecordKingz?

hsulu_nationhsulu_nation 110 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
In a moment of weakness I ordered a few things from Recordkingz.com. This was about a month ago and, a month later, said jello-kneed purchases have yet to arrive even though, at the suggestion of Recordkingz, I picked the expedited shipping plan which was on some "don't turn around, it's already in your mailbox!"-style quickfastness.Before you get smart (Agent 86, r.i.p.) I have indeed tried emailing them. To no avail.So I'm curious: Anyone have any experiences (pos/neg) with these chaps? Thanks in advance.hhh

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I ordered something from them a few months back through Gemm and it arrived fairly efficiently.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    worst web design ever

• worst web design ever

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    hey hsulu-see you in ny in a few...save me some records aiiight. recordkingz is super slow but all in all julian is a legit guy so you should be getting your records pretty soon. my boy x.....traded with him a few times and it always took a little longer than acceptable but arrived. so what did you pay baller cash for anyway?

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    worst web design ever

the gong style sound that happens when you scroll over the header has got to be the most pointless and annoying thing on any website ever

• julian is a top bloke, be patient. peace, stein. . .

• i've never bought from his site but i have done some trades with julian and it always seems to be a little longer than it should take to get the records. i just think he's pretty busy buying records and whatnot.

i do think it is a little unprofessional to have a mail order site and not send right away but if it's a few person operation that's probably bound to happen.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Julian is a really nice guy with some great records, which I don't always find overpriced like many on here have complained about. But I am now accustomed to UK dealer prices so maybe thats why . Only joking . My only gripe is that sometimes they don't answer emails, can't fault them otherwise.

• international shipping is always a pain in the ass. i don't know what records you purchased but chances are you probably could have found them here in the states at a "specialty" shop like tsl or a1 and gotten them much quicker. i noticed you're from bk so a trip to the city certainly would have been less trouble and their prices aren't much different from julian's.