WHAT ELSE DO YOU OBSESS OVER OTHER THAN RACKORDS?

Comments

• oh i forgot fitted hats. shits are like 35-40 bucks a piece nowadays for the new joints, so that always gets me.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont like when i have to put down the blinds in the middle of the afternoon because then i cant check out girls walking by

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    uk football jersies

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    oh i forgot fitted hats. shits are like 35-40 bucks a piece nowadays for the new joints, so that always gets me.

Yeah, I used to be bad with those, too. I still probably got about 50 of those 50/50's. I just stopped wearing them, though. I'm taking it back to the polo joints with the belt strap in the back. Heads ain't ready but

• food.
    my girl.
    shoes.
    and the passing obsession of the week is: macs.

• I don't know about yall, but I obsess over money. Not like "yo I need this money" or "yo I have a lot" but in terms of knowing where every dime goes, making sure my bank balances are on point, investments, micromanaging inflow, outflow, overhead, taxes, every little piece of the pie. Dudes who work for themselves or run a business know what I speak of.

Oh, and the first time you hold a few grand in your hand, cash money... man it could be a check for double that it still doesn't feel the same. It's wild.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Exactly! That's what I'm sayin.............

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I'm taking it back to the polo joints with the belt strap in the back. Heads ain't ready but
    those are the REALNESS.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

cute boys

------

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i kinda go through phases, with records being a pretty constant the last 5 years or so. other than the records, i have started an obsession for plants. like watching them grow and stuff. we got some awesome snapdragons and jade plants on the front porch and i love em, and we just got a small tropical plant for inside. i wanna get more plants now and have a jungle inside. and on the porch and in the backyard and frontyard.

what do you know about hibiscus plants? do you know why i can never grow one succesfully?

haven't messed with hibiscus yet. if i do and have any success i'll let you know.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i just moved and during my unpacking process, i've been going through and organizing:

1) my old essays and papers (i need to grasp onto these mementos of the time in my life when i concentrated on somewhat intellectual/important issues!)
    2) my photos. i've been having some in depth scrapbook/framing late night sessions...

that is, of course, in between all of my meticulous lining up of the puccini

• Girls.

Seriously, I got an addiction like Eric Benet or something.

Did you say girls?

man i gotta problem.
    i have difficulty not thinking about women
    i am no pimp and by no means a player and by no means blessed with "game"
    i see my ladies here and there. the more im with them, the more i think about being more with them.
    but i damn near fall off my bike everyday looking at them everywhere.
    cant focus at all. women women women. and girls too
    i went up to my olschool this weekend. ohmy

i need to chill with this record shit too.

whats that willie tee song? "i keep looking at myself....in the mirror...and...

i put my record obsession to bed last year (once i can figure out a good way to get a decent return on 15,000+ records, they are out), but it leaves a lot more time for obsessing on women, which has been, for me, straight brian peppers (i.e., ).

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    the "Soundwave" transformer. i try to collect every incantation of him. i have a cassette player of him that you can put real cassettes in, the actual soundwave, his autobot counterbot, minature soundwave, a soundwave you could only get in japanese candy, a soundwave statue and a limited edition black soundwave reissue and if i ever make an album, it will be called soundwaves..i'l take a pic, but i can't open the black soundwave until i reach a weight goal...dont ask, i do things like that for motivation, i couldnt open my watch for one year till i lost 10 lbs

• Just caught this one. In the mail tomorrow.

which equals maybe 2 people on this board.

• Exactly! That's what I'm sayin.............

i want to mainline that shit

• i need to chill with this record shit too.

whats that willie tee song? "i keep looking at myself....in the mirror...and...

jus tspent 20 minutes listening to records, doing push ups, pull ups chin ups. chased that fleeting depression away. records for life...music is medicine

• sturdy

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I just drank some colon cleanser & I'm listening to Dipset.

• Options
    I'm taking it back to the polo joints with the belt strap in the back.

Just got two the other day in the same light tan/beige/khaki color, no logos or badging on them though. The plain 9.99 joints from Lids at the mall.

Besides records??...stocks, sneakers, this Colombian girl, fishing. In that order.

• I just drank some colon cleanser & I'm listening to Dipset.

yeah, that can get habit forming

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    girls and analog studio gear
    records aint really a vice anymore... i thought id never say that

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Phill,

Here are some other things I obsess over:

-My research data and the papers based on them (publish or perish!!!!).

-Watching good movies (I wanna hear every part; Shhhhhhhh!!!!!).

-My dress clothes (my duds have to be on-point, suit, dress shirt, matching tie, pocket square, braces [suspenders that button, those are], socks, and my patented Colehaans or Mezlans; I be stylin', bro). The dress casual duds have to be fly too, with the cool out linen suits (ask T***a how I get down) with the right shoes (or sandals in the summertime), slacks and matching shirt, and the style of shoes must fit. This side of me comes out only when I get freshly dipped, otherwise, I'm windsuit or jeans and hoody down.

-Cologne (I gotta have the wide selection of fragrances; I run it down from Lagerfeld, Fahrenheit, Drakkar Noir, Pierre Cardin, Halston, Polo [old school], Passion, and so on; Errrday, some femme comments on that fresh Stacks aroma).

-Shaving (head and facially; I gotta have the dome clean and the mustache and goatee clipped symmetrically before I bounce).

-Cooking (I gotta have that food just right. I bake my chicken slooooooow, so that it is cooked through and teeeeeeender in a major way; The vegetables are sauteed just right; Wolfgang Puck ain't got shit on the kid. Wifey'll tell how nice I am!!!!).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have a pretty bad sneaker jones that I stuggle with constantly. I have over 100 pairs in my basement and I look at the boxes all the time and think "Damn, I don't have anything I want to wear!". I do the same thing with records, I look at my full 5x5 Expedit and can't find a damn thing I want to listen to.

I'll tell you one thing though, if you can't find a way to control your spending, try having a kid or two. Being a daddy has definitely curbed my conspicuous consumption dramatically.

• i have difficulty not thinking about women
    i am no pimp and by no means a player and by no means blessed with "game"
    i see my ladies here and there. the more im with them, the more i think about being more with them.
    but i damn near fall off my bike everyday looking at them everywhere.
    cant focus at all. women women women. and girls too
    i went up to my olschool this weekend. ohmy

making beats

dobule co-sign.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    -Shaving (head and facially; I gotta have the dome clean and the mustache and goatee clipped symmetrically before I bounce).
    you use lotion for the dome after shaving? (nh) shits been rough lately

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    you use lotion for the dome after shaving? (nh) shits been rough lately

Yep!!!! I gotta put that lotion to sooth the scalp. And oh yeah, co-sign on obsessing about making beats!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Not just HM, but modern furnishings in general.

&[/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    women

success

t-shirts

finding the best deal

Italian food

Learning all about my cultural heritage

women

• finding the best deal

Forgot about that. I am on eBay way too much.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rapsploitation movies...hip hop related dvds/vhs...hip hop concert dvds...luke peep/frakshow dvds....etc....etc..