Fat Possum Loses Another Artist (RIP)

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
PAUL "WINE" JONES R.I.P

I just heard about this...Fat Possum recording artist Paul "Wine" Jones passed away Sunday morning due to complications w/ his digestive system. He was gonna get surgery for it that following Monday....
well, he went to get the surgery and doctors said it was "inoperable."

When I heard it was his digestive system I could totally believe it. I worked at a show one time with Mr. Jones playing with Kenny Brown and T-Model Ford. We asked what they wanted for the backstage area as far as food and drinks go. Well, they would only drink "Busch" beer from a can and they wanted saltine crackers and "Spam." Paul couldn't get the Spam open so I offered my help. Once I got the can open he grabbed a cracker and scooped up half the can of Spam with it and shoved it in his mouth! His response..."Now that's some good eatin'!" Paul was definitly my favorite Fat Possum artist.

The Fat Possum team is dropping like flys.

"RL Burnside and Paul"

The funkiest man on Fat Possum...RIP.

Comments

• he was supposed to pick up the torch after RL passed...damn, man.

Glad I saw him at the Bucc that last time

damn, man.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Damn, RIP. Pretty soon Fat Possum aren't gonna have any of their key artists left.

• Damn, RIP. Pretty soon Fat Possum aren't gonna have any of their key artists left.

T-Model Ford, Cedell Davis, Kenny Brown, Robert Belfour are about all that's left.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Damn, RIP. Pretty soon Fat Possum aren't gonna have any of their key artists left.

T-Model Ford, Cedell Davis, Kenny Brown, Robert Belfour are about all that's left.

Yeah, it's been a pretty bad year for being a old bluesman associated with Fat Possum, or so it seems.

Cedell Davis is the guy that plays guitar with a bread & butter knife for a slide right? Talk about a hard life.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

One of Fat Possum's newer releases is by a sorta-synthpop band (We Are Wolves) with hardly any blues influence at all...make of that what you will.