What's Killing You?

BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
?? libero per un colloquio per pranzo?Seventeen ways to say it wrong, I got that right. Being in a foreign country with little command of their language (and little desire to get them to speak your language) affords one the luxury of stillness. Quietude. In other words, just shut up and pay attention to the things around you.Che bella giornata! Devo prendere l'ombrello?The off season is good, no? Hiking to the end of the world -- armed with two bricks of salted, herbed foccacia and a half pound of Manchengo -- to sit on the edge of a volcanic precipice, staring into the Mediterranean, wondering (in light of Columbus Day) what kind of stones it would take to be the first "explorer" to think, "Let's go see what the fuck is over the edge of the end."C'?? il sole. C'?? il nuvoloso.(Where are my sun and cloud people?)Dare la precedenza!To yield is natural. Some observations on light, travel, access, fruit, and friendliness. 1). The flight attendant for Al Italia told me the name is an acronym for "Always Late In Take-off - Always Late In Arrival." While funny, I found this to be sadly true. 2). Why do Italian peaches taste so fucking yummy?3). To yield is natural.4). "You can't go here."Questa ?? la sua fermata...He was staying in the apartment recently willed to a cousin, as the great aunt had died. The cousin had a new iPod. All of the great aunt's books remained. I guess nobody wanted them. I looked at the titles, but oddly, I was scared to touch them. I sat for a while and then left. Statues of the Virgin Mary built by the Jesuits hundreds of years ago right next door to a knick-knack store that sold porcelain Baby Jesus dolls for 5 euros. Ancient turned pop culture. Like a marionette on a string.What's Killing You?

Comments

• whats killing me is that I am not in Italy right now. Sounds like your having a great time. Patience is a very important virtue to have while traveling through Italy. What areas are you visiting? How long are you there?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this picture is killing me in a lot of diffrent ways

milkbone?!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Can't see the picture.

• this picture is killing me in a lot of diffrent ways

milkbone?!

Why does she have a dog biscuit in her panties????

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Can't see the picture.

yeah wtf, i can't see it now either... check out http://www.wwtdd.com/images/eva6.jpg

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    the [img] tag, even though it seems to be the default to this messageboard, seems to be less and less dependable than the [img] alternate.

The air quality in LA is killing me....I would love to fill my lungs with some warm Mediterranean air.....

inhale / exhale (repeat)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    my eye has been twitching the past three days and i somehow fucked up my neck 30 minutes before i went to work today. i gotta angle my chair differently so i can look at girls passing by without hurting my neck

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    job search - still killing me. but i can't really stress over it.

tonight i made myself and my parents mexican food tonight and it was bomb (real good beef tacos, homemade guac and salsa the whole nine). but i had a oil explosion (the whole oil and water don't mix thing, that's right... yeah i'm that stupid) and burnt up my arm like a motherfucker. real heads will take a burn for good black beans. takes me right back to my hands-callused-from-pizza-oven days of not so long ago.

this jay-z mix cd i made for my car a long time ago and i recently found is killing me. best rapper alive really isn't all that far off.

otherwise i'm alive and all. bam, your trip looks like it was incredible. one day i hope to leave north america, one day.