Lost generation-young tough and terrible??

JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
did this lp ever actually c release. I got the title cut on 45 and ive always wondered bout the lp but ive nnever heard anyone mention or ever seen a pic of the lp

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Man, that shit is out on CD

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Man, that shit is out on CD

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Brunswick BL-754178 - Young, Tough and Terrible - Lost Generation [1972] This Is The Lost Generation/Tired Of Being Alone/All In the Course Of A Day/You've Got To Crawl Before You Walk/Sure Is Funky/The Young, Tough and Terrible/Paulette/Thin Line Between Love And Hate/One More Bridge To Cross/This Is The Lost Generation (instrumental)

Just got it myself about a month ago (the OG album, not the CD )

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    oo nice, now that i think about it, i have seen the cover. how would u compare it too their first lp? the intro to the title tracks is ridiculous

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Brunswick BL-754178 (...) Just got it myself about a month ago (the OG album, not the CD )

Is it a

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I have an empty cover of this LP. Need the LP if anyone will sell me their coverless copy, or vice versa I guess. HOLLAR.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Personally, I find this LP to be just "ok". I prefer the "Sly, Slick and Wicked" far more, especially because you simply cannot fuck with that title trakc.

• Brunswick BL-754178 (...) Just got it myself about a month ago (the OG album, not the CD )

Is it a

is it? darn, I need a copy.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    oo nice, now that i think about it, i have seen the cover. how would u compare it too their first lp? the intro to the title tracks is ridiculous

Ahhh, another case of "diggin in your own crates"...I remember that I bought this album quite a few years ago, but didn't give it a proper listen. I just found it on the shelf, and it's a promo copy to boot .

Cosign on that "This is the Lost Generation" track, it is fiyah, I think I'm feeling the instrumental version more that the vocal version. Definitely on the fence regarding their takes on "Tired of Being Alone" and "Thin Line Between Love and Hate", but "Sure is Funky" has some nice fuzz guitar.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I need a copy of 'Young, Tough...' LP just for the opening track 'This Is The Lost Generation'. Absolutely amazing tune.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    This is definitely one fo my fav groups. I have yet to hear a weak track. however, i still need a copy of their first album. help me please

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this IS pretty raer i believe, sells for around $100 i believe

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I think that there are instrumentals on the CD, are there any on the 12"LP...?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    this IS pretty raer i believe, sells for around $100 i believe

For real? Wow. I dunno, I just don't hear it. Sheet, if I can flip/trade mine out for something equivalent, I think I'd be down for that. I really love "Sly, Slick and Wicked" but the other LP just doesn't do it for me as much.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I think that there are instrumentals on the CD, are there any on the 12"LP...?

I meant instrumental version of some of the songs

• this IS pretty raer i believe, sells for around $100 i believe

How would you value the debut The_Mack? just curious...

• darn, I've never seen it poppin up @ the german bay...but I didn't think it's that raer