karin jones=$$$...why?

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
i guess i'm a hater but i think this record is weak. WAYYYYYY to much bad guitar and lame hooks.i want to know what you guys think...anyone feel me?

Comments

• Because $400 isn't really a lot of money ($$$).

• Options
    That one tune is hot. Do you like that era of music?

K.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    under the influences is imo. i love post disco 80's shit but im not feelin karin at all.

• Options
    Someone's regreting their 10.99 Dusty Groove purchase?

K.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    nah man...i dont even have it. funny though...

• i kind of like it. i downloaded it on soulseek and it's a strong record. definatly not worth what people are paying but most big money records aren't.

• I have to say i like a couple of songs on the LP, but I DEF. didn't pay a lot for that LP. So for me it was a great purchase..by the way, i do love that era of music too.
    amir

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    whoah did you just name yourself after one of my favorite hoops basketball cards & Dunbar High School graduates?

The Karin Jones is good, but not great IMO.

I found it without knowing what I had exactly and if I had a choice at the time betwenn that joint and...lets say...O'Bryans 1st LP I'd have walked out the store getting ready to go home and listen to some Gigolo.

Raerity matters a lot in this case as well.

• Because it's good.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i know karin jones is rare...but making a re-issue out of a so-so album makes me laugh. they do that shit all the time. that being said- i guess nuff people want it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    San Diego fucker....
    BE THERE!!!

• we had a choice this upcoming weekend between the san deigo record show and this...

http://www.thetopangahealers.com./

we choose good health, the hunt for raer vintage NA and OA paper, antique mystical objects and private issue new age.

say hi to yen and that white kid with the dead locks.

bring back private issue raer.

karin jones forever.

later.

• yup i loved the hoyas back when i was in high school at the time and i loved dunbar too..reggie lewis(rip) in the house..
    amir