Weekday finds 10/10-10/14

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Since I'm going to Cedar Point next weekend I tried to get a little shopping in today, found a few things.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    soca-licious!

• I found about 15 old school hip hop and 80's dance 12"s at a thrift today. There's a couple I have not been able to find on ebay or elsewhere though. Anybody know anything about these?

This is pretty cool hip-hop, sounds like late 80s but might be later.

This is a pretty dope boogie instrumental.

• Options
    You like soca? I'll add a couple mroe titles to the Elite list if you do.

Don Evans equals Tyrone Evans, who cut some boom tracks for Wackie's and Treasure ISlae (amongst others). There's a 12 for "Freinds" as well.

K.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    You like soca? I'll add a couple mroe titles to the Elite list if you do.

Don Evans equals Tyrone Evans, who cut some boom tracks for Wackie's and Treasure ISlae (amongst others). There's a 12 for "Freinds" as well.

K.

yeah man i want it all.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i can't tell you how many years that ed watson/kitchener lp has been sitting at Encore. At least four or five.
    guessing that's where they came from based on the ossie scott LP which i pulled out when i was in town last week.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

found a 12" by him recently "Haji Ba Ba" on Shade. Kind of a strange tune- sort of like it though. know this one, kevin?

i didn't know don evans was also Tyrone. hmmm...

• Options

found a 12" by him recently "Haji Ba Ba" on Shade. Kind of a strange tune- sort of like it though. know this one, kevin?

i didn't know don evans was also Tyrone. hmmm...

I think that's the "Just a Little Bit" 12" above - same cover as the Lp (different text). Don't know the Evans 12 above, is it from NY? Say what studio?

K.

i can't tell you how many years that ed watson/kitchener lp has been sitting at Encore. At least four or five.
    guessing that's where they came from based on the ossie scott LP which i pulled out when i was in town last week.

yessir. The Ossie Scott jam is wack. The Singing Francine 12" is pretty good though, and I've been looking for that John McLaughlin LP for way too long.

Also if anyone knows anything about that Nan Mayen LP...I can't find anything about it.

• Bump... thought it was weird that the weekend finds thread was a page ahead of this one. I'm going to go out and dig for some breakbeatraer now. That is all.

• first press on Blank

+ some Brian Eno vinyl bootleg

• JACKMASTER DICK'S REVENGE ON TRAX (BLACK LABEL PROMO)
    NO MAN IS ROGER MILLER - WIN INSTANTLY! LP (TEST PRESS)
    M.O.P. - RUGGED NEVA SMOOTH PRIMO REMIX (CLEAN VERSION ACETATE)
    KATE BUSH - HOUNDS OF LOVE LP

• KATE BUSH - HOUNDS OF LOVE LP

eots = epitome of the shit

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

I remember having this and it being really bad??? I'm pretty sure its like 1992 as well. Corny female rappz.

a few more things today:

• I'm going to go out and dig for some breakbeatraer now. That is all.

Well, my search for raer panned out today. Found this at an antique store for $4. Shit yeah!

Mary Lou Williams - Mass

• I found about 15 old school hip hop and 80's dance 12"s at a thrift today. There's a couple I have not been able to find on ebay or elsewhere though. Anybody know anything about these?

I remember having this and it being really bad??? I'm pretty sure its like 1992 as well. Corny female rappz.

Different tastes I guess. I think it's decent, at least the Sisters side. But what I was really hoping to know is if it's worth anything, to put it bluntly.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that record sucks and is worth pennies. sorry

I found about 15 old school hip hop and 80's dance 12"s at a thrift today. There's a couple I have not been able to find on ebay or elsewhere though. Anybody know anything about these?

Different tastes I guess. I think it's decent, at least the Sisters side. But what I was really hoping to know is if it's worth anything, to put it bluntly.

nope, the price tag reflects the value of that one. Its worthless.

• Fuck, I overpaid by 2 cents then.

Fuck, I overpaid by 2 cents then.

In the past, I've probobly paid $1000s on records that are worthless. Don't feel bad.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Finally "got my dig on" after having been sick for a while. Had wanted these two oh-so-bad.

• Options

Dope updated version of Techniques classic....and by my favourite label.

Again, a quality update by the origianl singer himslef. WHo was looking for this???

Og copy. This song is good.

Mind blowing dub side reaks if Tubby's association. A side gorgeous as well. A double.

Fuzzy Canadian rock steez

Got a Modulations LP to, the pic didn't turn out.

K.

• Just one today but its a long time fave

• Options
    Forgot this:

K in Canada.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    FAAAAK...!!!

I missed out on a really clean copy of "He's Coming"[/b] for $8 at the local spot today. The kid had it on the counter with two other LPs while looking at some stuff behind the register. I noticed the cover and checked to see if it was a re-ish and the price tag. ::adrenaline rush:: I woulda snatched it out of dude's stack and said, "Sorry man, you're just gonna have to find this somewhere else" if I didn't already have a copy.

BUT

I did get a coverless "Black Rhythm Revolution"[/b] (anyone have a spare jacket?) so I suppose that makes up for the incident above.

Also:

Soul Children - Genesis LP
    and
    Continental 4 - Side By Side 45

kevin you are my hero.

• that record sucks and is worth pennies. sorry

Sarcasm?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    that record sucks and is worth pennies. sorry

Sarcasm?

I was wondering the same thing, but realized he was probably referring to this one:

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah i was reffering to the Sisters record. that Mary Lou Williams is amazing and worth thousands. i want it