how do you capture a screen shot ?

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
i notice you guys post up jpegs of your screen i have no clue how to do it.let me know.some dude charged me twice on gemm and i need to prove to him that he did it by showing him the paypal account that he charged. he refuses to give me my money back.

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    If you're on a Macintosh
    shift-command-4

• no i'm not on macintosh.

still need to know this.

dave

• CTRL + ALT + PRNT SCRN and then paste it into a paint program. That will capture the window that you are currently in.

ALT + PRNT SCRN or CTRL + PRNT SCRN will capture the whole screen. one of those two combinations will.

• there's a print screen button on your keyboard. when it's pressed, it saves a screen capture to your clipboard. you can then paste that into your photo program (likely paint). then save and you're done.

• thanks dude. worked perfect.

dave

• CTRL + ALT + PRNT SCRN and then paste it into a paint program. That will capture the window that you are currently in.

ALT + PRNT SCRN or CTRL + PRNT SCRN will capture the whole screen. one of those two combinations will.

actually, to caputure the whole screen, just press "print screen". no ALT or CTRL required.