Favorite Vintage Drum Machine

2»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Mellotron=

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Yo.... does anybody know the name of the beat box that Grandmaster Flash and a lot of the old school rap dudes used to use (like on the Bozo Meko "Flash It To The Beat" record)? I know that's before most of y'all's time but I figure one of y'all tech head / b-boy ass folls might know. I used to know it but as time keeps on slippin' I find it harder to retain a lot of info. I want to cop one of those beatboxes or at least the sound samples.
    Matter of fact, didn't Prince Paul or somebody have one in Wax Poetics? I need to check my back issues.

• Is that all you got?

Trade maybe? Holla!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

for real, when i was like 10 i used to load up 10 different sound windows (named snare, kick, claps etc), have one recording, and with my mouse click play on the appropriate windows.

same here, until I upgraded to

i couldn't fuck with fast tracker, it lacked the sonic charm of IT. when FT became the norm i got out of the tracking thing

• these are some of my faves, i actually owned these and sold them last month

but the one i still have and will never part with....

• Yo.... does anybody know the name of the beat box that Grandmaster Flash and a lot of the old school rap dudes used to use (like on the Bozo Meko "Flash It To The Beat" record)? I know that's before most of y'all's time but I figure one of y'all tech head / b-boy ass folls might know. I used to know it but as time keeps on slippin' I find it harder to retain a lot of info. I want to cop one of those beatboxes or at least the sound samples.
    Matter of fact, didn't Prince Paul or somebody have one in Wax Poetics? I need to check my back issues.

Not sure but it sounds like the Oberheim LN2