Any digging spots in Norfolk ,VA?

progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I'll be in Norfolk for a few days.I'll only have a few hours here and there and will be relying on cabs to get around.I'll be in the Sentara Norfolk General Hospital area which I guess isn't really considered Downtown? So where should I have the cabs drop me off so I can walk around and hit a spot or two.Apparantly there's a store called Broadway Records? Where exactly is that?Is there a Broaway St. or something? Thanks.

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    broadway records is in portsmouth, accross the river. as far as downtown norfolk there's really not many spots for records. american oldies in newport news is/was the spot for a while, but i haven't been in a few years. it's in newport news on denbigh and jefferson. there's a lot of thrift stores in the area you're going to be in though.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    That spot in Hampton is no longer....there...

They got a Bass Pro Shop over there, you can "get er done"....

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'll be in Norfolk for a few days.I'll only have a few hours here and there and will be relying on cabs to get around.I'll be in the Sentara Norfolk General Hospital area which I guess isn't really considered Downtown? So where should I have the cabs drop me off so I can walk around and hit a spot or two.

Apparantly there's a store called Broadway Records? Where exactly is that?Is there a Broaway St. or something? Thanks.

I've never actually gone digging in Norfolk. I've Been tooling around in VA Beach, Portsmouth, Newport News, Chesapeake, etc. From my experience there was a lot of gas burned and very little to show for it (Thrifts sucked ass). From the tales I've been told of that area, I expected more. There is so much traffic in that area too that getting out to Newport News might take you an hour and a half.

American Oldies and Broadway Records are worth checking out. I missed out on some prime records thanks to some guys from Texas who moved through these spots just days before over the summer. But apparently they didn't like modern soul?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    yeah american oldies is the place to go.