Sample Cutting Program

unlasciviousunlascivious 220 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
is there a program or or a plug-in of some sort available that will literally cut your samples up for you? doing this on an mpc for long loops is extremely tedious and using a wave editor is too hard to control. besides, i'm far too lazy... thanks

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    yeah i dont recommend doing it automaticly but recycle is real fast for chopping.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/index.cfm?fuseaction=mainframe

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Fruityloops has an add-on program that chops loops, or something to that effect. Check their website.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    recycle + mpc editor was the shit when my mpc was still working...

• Taza_one, another satisfied Recycle user.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    yeah i love recycle. I use it on every sample i take. I like chopping my shit to the grid though. So i can get all my chops in say 1/8th notes. Another program i would recomend for chopping is soundforge. You can chop within there.

• snosno 332 Posts
    According to FXpansion, "Guru" is an "Advanced step sequencing, groove manipulation, sample editing, and beat slicing - an inspirational, all-in-one workstation."

http://www.fxpansion.com/product-guru-main.php

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    is there a program or or a plug-in of some sort available that will literally cut your samples up for you? doing this on an mpc for long loops is extremely tedious and using a wave editor is too hard to control. besides, i'm far too lazy... thanks

Pro-Tools 6.9 comes with this thang called Beat Dectitive.. Little known program, but its very ill in its cut up abilities..

• thanks for everybody's input.
    recycle is exactly what i needed. been using it all day now.

i used to use an mpc, but switched logic. i want to be able to do everything in logic, but i'm still having difficulty finding a replacement for the mpc's simple sequencer. sampe cutting was always a pain in the ass though...until now.