Anyone else like Devil's Rejects as much as me?

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
That usenet thread got me thinking I needed to start a post for this movie...fucking awesome.Seriously, this is what we needed as far as a horror movie goes these days. The actors are badass, Sid Haig is a fuckin scary fucker. The soundtrack is spot on, I'm so glad Rob Zombie didn't feel compelled to put his own music in there and kept it relevant. The look of it is fuckin amazing too...I realize he borrowed from certain films but he did it tastefully and more as an homage than a straight ripoff. I definitely saw elements of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Shining, and Easy Rider to name a few, but man did it look good. All in all I have to say this is one of my favorite movies of the last few years.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Ebert and Roepert agree.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    yeah it creeped me out as well as house of 1000 corpses. it actually made me feel uncomfortable in my movie seat. that's a sign of a good movie.

on another note, watched rashomon tonight. if you haven't seen it, i'd highly reccommend it. brilliant, and it was made in 1950.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

I am SO gonna fuckin buy this next month.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Ebert and Roepert agree.

Roepert even said something to the effect of "Rob sure likes to show his wifes ass a lot and I'm not complaining"

Looking to rent this one.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Ebert and Roepert agree.

Roepert even said something to the effect of "Rob sure likes to show his wifes ass a lot and I'm not complaining"

Looking to rent this one.

Buy it dude.

Bill Moseley (dude with the gun) is such a fuckin badass in this one...dude is the perfect "I don't give a fuck about you" killer. And he's scarier to me cause he looks like half of my dads friends. haha