WWSSD

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
dilemma: met with a couple to do a wedding for them - TONITE - 3 weeks ago today. We agreed on the price, and I emailed them a contract 2 days later. I received 1 email 2 weeks ago telling me they had send the contract and deposit, and the EXACT SAME ONE 1 week later (they literally just forwarded the same email from their sent box). 1 week later (yesterday) still no contract or deposit, so I sent them an email cancelling due to no contract and deposit. Now they sent me an email this morning saying they sent the contract but don't know what happened, and they need a DJ. My attitude is I don't have a contract or deposit, they said they sent it two weeks, and again one week ago, and I acknowledged their emails. Part of me wants to be the nice guy and do it, but the other part of me is all business, and it's not my fault I didn't recieve the contract. What would soulstrut do?

Comments

• Make them pay you in cash up front.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Make them pay you in cash up front.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

exactly. No pay, no Deejay.

• Make them pay you in cash up front.

yeah that seems logical, but the other humdinger is that I changed my weekend plans and am leaving town in about 3 hours.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

yeah that seems logical, but the other humdinger is that I changed my weekend plans and am leaving town in about 3 hours.

drop off a CD on your way out of town and tell them "Sorry!"

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Damn I was hoping this thread would be "What would Scott Storch do?"

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

damn that kinda sucks for them...but sounds like it was their fault.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

haha...

ya no pay, no play.

• Its their wedding and Im sure they got other things in mind. Talk to them on the phone and make them guarantee they pay you at least half or so upfront (cash) and do it. Thats what I would do.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

haha...

I would hope that Scott Storch would plaese to be losing those foolish-ass glasses he's always rockin. are his eyes all busted? is he always blunted?
    that shit is

• meshmesh 925 Posts

he is always blunted

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

My attitude is I don't have a contract or deposit, they said they sent it two weeks, and again one week ago, and I acknowledged their emails. Part of me wants to be the nice guy and do it, but the other part of me is all business, and it's not my fault I didn't recieve the contract.

What would soulstrut do?

Does your bank have a branch near them? If so tell them to deposit cash directly into your account and you'll bring a blank copy of the contract for them to sign on site before you setup.

Weddings can be hectic and stuff does fall between the cracks. They probably didn't send the deposit but I'm sure they've got a million things to do.