Zappa on Crossfire...

Comments

• Hey thanks for posting that. Zappa predicted the Fascist Theocracy that we have today.

That dude witht he comb-over told Zappa he needed to get out more often.

• Thanks for the link. Watching the second show now.

Zappa just rocks in every single way. End of story.

- J

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    this clip is fucking great.

friday party starts NOW!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Am I the only one feelin' that synhted out theme song?!

• Am I the only one feelin' that synhted out theme song?!

I'm feeling it also.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i love how zappa makes the other dudes seem completely uniformed about music. they have hardly any specific references to cite, and when they do, they get something wrong about it.

by the way, what prince song are they talking about which "advocates incest"?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    that show ruled in so many ways.

they only had 2 commercial breaks????

talkshows were better in 1986!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

i love how zappa makes the other dudes seem completely uniformed about music. they have hardly any specific references to cite, and when they do, they get something wrong about it.

by the way, what prince song are they talking about which "advocates incest"?

'Sister'

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Frank just clowns those guys. You realize from a distance how ridiculous the issue was then. Twisted Sister scaring people? Hilarious. It's interesting to point out the inequity between white and black artists in this debate. This is 1986 pre-mainstream rap breakthrough. The debate really focused on labeling. Tipper and her posse got the industry to put some stickers on London Calling and the like. Of course, when Ice-T got down on some realness like "Cop Killer" that got that shit pulled from the shelves. It's words, just words.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    so funny that people were seeing those lyrics as "advocating" incest. If you read them (like I just did) or hear them it's pretty obvious that your sister turning you out and you begging to not have to go out on the street (and I think "service" older dudes) is

• http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2664570

that is the one from the 87. its pretty funny although zappa isnt in it as much.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    this is sick. how do i download this?

• "I love it when you froth like that.."

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Zappa deserves a lot more credit for helping to head off that yellow snow scare back in the 1970s. Prevented a lot of trips to the E.R.

• That was fucking amazing. Zappa is dude.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    you guys should read the frank zappa autobiography "The Real Frank Zappa Book", it has transcripts from when he was in court and dude is so intelligent. "He really speaks well." Even if you're not into his music, its such a great read.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    "He really speaks well."

HA! It's funny how he was on of the white guys who fell under the "he's so well spoken" bulloney. It's like because his music was strange he couldn't possibly have normal thoughts and speaking abilities. Like they expected him to come on the show dressed as Howdy Doody and jump up and down saying "bulpgooglebleepdodafishbutterweedbaby!!!!!!!!!" every time he's asked a question.