Software Recording HELP!!

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
dudes, i made a thread about this a while back, but still can't figure this out, so PLEASE help me out here - this is the problem: i have an m-audio interface which i use as my soundcard, and adobe audition as recording software. everytime i click on the phantom power switch on my interface to record through my mic, not only does A) all audio from my computer cease to play, and i can't figure out how to restore it aside from restarting my comp, but B) i can hear my mic through the monitors, but it doesn't pick up when i record on adobe. if anyone knows what i can do, PLEASE, any tips, suggestions, help, would be greatly appreciated. i'm fairly new to software recording, so please be as descriptive as possible. MANY THANKS in advance

edit: by the way, it was working fine back when i first tried recording through the mic, so at least i know it should work in theory, but i'm not sure what happened since. . .

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    have u tried the forums at www.futureproducers.com?they are very helpful there, just post in the appropiate forum.

• have u tried the forums at www.futureproducers.com?they are very helpful there, just post in the appropiate forum.

i'll give that a shot, just thought i'd try the strut first. . .

• have u tried the forums at www.futureproducers.com?they are very helpful there, just post in the appropiate forum.

i'm not really getting any help over there just yet. anyone here know what the problem is and how i might fix it??

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    have u tried the forums at www.futureproducers.com?they are very helpful there, just post in the appropiate forum.

i'm not really getting any help over there just yet. anyone here know what the problem is and how i might fix it??

If all your stuff cuts out when you try to use it you may have a device conflict... like with IRQs and shit.

I think Windows is supposed to handle most of that these days but it used to be a big problem and resulted in the same type of situation.

Do a search on google for "IRQ Conflict".

Good luck.

If all your stuff cuts out when you try to use it you may have a device conflict... like with IRQs and shit.

I think Windows is supposed to handle most of that these days but it used to be a big problem and resulted in the same type of situation.

Do a search on google for "IRQ Conflict".

Good luck.
    it basically said to go to the device manager and there should be yellow exclamation points next to the conflicting hardware devices. i didn't see any, yet i still have this problem. damn it...

• i know someone in here knows how i can fix this problem. . . PLEASE HELP!

• damn, no love for siro...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    www.mpc-forums.com

Be ezy posting there though, its like soulstrut if you come through on the wrong foot....

Apart from that I can only say : Why on earth you wanna use that program???

• www.mpc-forums.com
    Be ezy posting there though, its like soulstrut if you come through on the wrong foot....
    Apart from that I can only say : Why on earth you wanna use that program???
    well that's an mpc forum, so i don't know if they'd help. i actually messed with a few software programs untill landing on adobe. basically, i find it easy to use.

HELP, ANYONE??