Best Price on Serato?

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
My homie-est homie just made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a laptop, so I'm gonna take the plunge and get Serato. Does TT Lab have the best price?And lil' dude question: Will 128kbps mp3s sound like poo in the club? I'll probably 256 everything, but I get sent mp3s sometimes at 128.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    My homie-est homie just made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a laptop, so I'm gonna take the plunge and get Serato. Does TT Lab have the best price?

And lil' dude question: Will 128kbps mp3s sound like poo in the club? I'll probably 256 everything, but I get sent mp3s sometimes at 128.

I might know someone who can get it for under 5. I'll have to see though.

I wouldn't go with anything under 192. Some things you can get away with but generally 192 and above.

I also noticed some people will re-encode something low quality at a higher bit rate so trust your ears too.

Welcome to the darkside, my friend....

• Welcome to the darkside, my friend....

deeeyum. another one. I guess my vision of people being ass-out in 5 years can be adjusted to 2 years now.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

I also noticed some people will re-encode something low quality at a higher bit rate so trust your ears too.

huh? You mean they take a 128 file and then save it as a 256 file?

But why?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

huh? You mean they take a 128 file and then save it as a 256 file?

But why?

same reason when i first got into computer graphics i would save things in 72 dpi resolution as 150 dpi...i was ignorant and thought it would make it better.

• Lord Hogg... R I S E....

PS:
    Dude, you won't regret it.
    By the way, 192 or better minimum - I do everything at 320kbps, whether the difference is audible is up to the ears of the individual listener.
    Also, make sure you use (MP3Gain on PC) to even out all your levels on them MP3's.
    And being you're a busy DJ, always have spare Serato vinyl & get the AC adapter.

Serato FOLLS represent!

• What, am I the only one that rocks Final Scratch???

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    What, am I the only one that rocks Final Scratch???

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

yes.

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

Convert

• I bet next thing you'll tell me that my gumby and polka dot jumpsuit are a thing of the past.

-----------
    Edit Dat Deejay

AYYYY YOOOO!

AYYYY YOOOO!

DOH !!!

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

maybe the only one on this site. What version are you running?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    We have Serato for $534.99 and faster shipping if you are on the west coast... Since you know... we are based in LA.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I got my SSL for $400 flat (legit homie hookups). Can't front on that.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would say hit up 33Third and cop it from them.

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

maybe the only one on this site. What version are you running?

I'm running FS 1.5. The only thing I don't like about it is when you spin the record back really fast the rewind sounds too fake for my liking, but other than that it's cool for me.

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

• DILDO

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    DILDO

• Serato question -

Do I need to get the Powerbook G4? or will it run fine with the IBook G4. The iBook has 1.42 GHZ and comes with OSX 10.4.

Is this possible? I'm just trying to save myself a $G here.

Thanks

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I run mine on the iBook and it's perfect.

• I run mine on the iBook and it's perfect.

Ahh very nice...Thanks Cosmo

Serato question -

Do I need to get the Powerbook G4? or will it run fine with the IBook G4. The iBook has 1.42 GHZ and comes with OSX 10.4.

Is this possible? I'm just trying to save myself a $G here.

Thanks

Its all about ram and the processor you have... We have a copy running on a cheap PC laptop and it runs (except for one time) with no problems.

• Vicarious bump. Anyone got an answer?

Serato has a box you run everythign through. You will have to set up a table at a time. Get the box and computer set up first and ready to plug in. Get a long record/track on one turntable, switch the other turntable plugs so they run through serato,a nd get the plugs for searto plugged in on the one side. Keep it switched to run through serato (pullin gfrom the ttbl not the computer), mix in your second record and unplug the first table and run it through serato leaving it again pulling from the turntable, throw on the third record, mix it in, and then go back and switch the other side to serato. Complcated but the only way without dead air i CAN THINK OF.