Do you speak French?

generiquegenerique 625 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Let's step up the game and learn French. Start here: Nightschool - Do you speak French?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    After listening to that, I may have turned into one of the Village People.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    All of a sudden je parle francais. Tabernak!

That track is almost as good as the french teacher scene from screwballs. Cinematic brilliance, that. "Maintenant class, les levres, la bouche..."

• There's a hilarious episode of Mike Judge's King of the Hill with a Spanish teacher taking her class to Mexico. The Spanish she speaks, surreal. She's thrown into jail due to all kinds of mis-communications but is released because her weird Spanish let the authorities to believe she suffers from a mental illness.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    un peu - les chats sont sur la moutarde, oui?

• jeu no parl pa frances

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    je parle un petite peu.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Do you speak French?

Do just knowing the swear words count?

I had to take French from kindergarten up until grade 11. Way better at understanding someone speaking to me, than say trying to speak it myself!

One of my best friends Elijah was just telling me about this guy who he works with, who use to be a postman. For 20 years this guy did his routes listening to those language tapes in his walkman. Dude can now speak 8 different languages!

Why do I feel like I've been crazy slacking with learning something?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    There's a hilarious episode of Mike Judge's King of the Hill with a Spanish teacher taking her class to Mexico. The Spanish she speaks, surreal. She's thrown into jail due to all kinds of mis-communications but is released because her weird Spanish let the authorities to believe she suffers from a mental illness.

I've seen that one. What makes it amusing is Peggy always thinks she's so smart and is so good at substitute teaching and speaking Spanish and it turned out she can't speak Spanish for shit in the world.

King of the Hill is my shit.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    un peu - les chats sont sur la moutarde, oui?

Aahh!!!

Do you speak French?

I do, I'm French.
    I'm reppin "la baguette", "le saucisson", "le fromage"...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I do, my mom's a French teacher. This tune is awful btw.