Attention NY Keyboardists

Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
If you've ever wanted to be in a real, gritty deep funk band, here's your chance.The Otis Funkmeyer Band is looking for a keyboardist to join our squad. We are an 8 piece (you'd make 9) deep funk ensemble with two trumpets, sax, drums, percussion, Leslie Rochelle on vocals, strutter Residentgiant on bass, and yours truly on guitar. We do plenty of covers like Lyn Collins, Betty Harris, Gwen McRae, Inell Young, plus instrumentals like Badder Than Evil and Hikky Brrr, and originals as well. I figured I'd have better luck finding someone who can deliver those great vintage hammond, rhodes, piano, and clav sounds here than posting on craigslist (uugghh...). I have my own clavinet that you can use, too.See some footage of us here We will be recording a 45 soon.Our main goal is to have fun playing great music. We have gigs coming up, so send me a PM or email [email]otisfunkmeyer@yahoo.com.[/email]

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    dude....that caitilin girl is tres cute. Is she really that terrible of an interviewer? That part was painful to watch man, not hard to believe she's a jersey girl. Albeit I would like to revolutionize her funk, woot woot! HAH, sorry I couldn't herp myself.

but yeah you guys sound proper in that clip.

• Yeah Caitlin was pretty bad, but the sad thing is that she was the better of the two girl-interviewers.
    Don't miss the other clip at the bottom of that pop-up window.

Thanks for the props, we have upgraded to a different bassist and drummer since that video.
    We'll be playing at The Baggot Inn in the village on Oct. 28 and Galapagos in Williamsburg on my birthday, Nov. 12.

• bump!

I know there's gotta be some funky organists lurking out there..