What $1 records has SS introduced you to?

LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Here's two commons I didn't know much about before this place: Any records you see everyday but pass on, only to pick up later because of attention given to them here?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i've never listened to the leo sayer joint. but it always catches my eye because of the strut!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i've never listened to the leo sayer joint. but it always catches my eye because of the strut!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    -that Chicago joint

-half of the moder soul albums I pick up. (I wouldn't have got on this kick if it werent for the strut)

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Overrated. I'm not the biggest fan of Weather Report in general.

I'm in the same boat but actually listened to a few tracks on it yesterday. I could only find two tracks online (don't remember which ones). I don't know if it's just because of the cover that it gets so many mentions here but I thought it was weak.

Man, am I going to hate on everything in this thread?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    i've never listened to the booty clap. but it always catches my eye because of the strut!

i've never listened to the booty clap. but it always catches my eye because of the strut!

Co-Sign.

• i've never listened to the leo sayer joint. but it always catches my eye because of the strut!

I'm in the same boat but actually listened to a few tracks on it yesterday. I could only find two tracks online (don't remember which ones). I don't know if it's just because of the cover that it gets so many mentions here but I thought it was weak.

I might be wrong but I think the soul strut praise for sayer is sarcastic. I haven't been around long or heard the record but thats the impression I always got.

Thanks to SS, I had found a .50 copy of Madelaine's 'Who Is She..' in a thrift store. What's funny is, I left it at the store twice before realizing what it was.
    Thank You SoulStrut!!

Thanks to SS, I had found a .50 copy of Madelaine's 'Who Is She..' in a thrift store. What's funny is, I left it at the store twice before realizing what it was.
    Thank You SoulStrut!!

Soundclip please!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Thank You SoulStrut!!

Soundclip please!

price reduction in set sale thread please!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Thank You SoulStrut!!

haha, I did the same thing. Homegirl is homely as fuck

Thank You SoulStrut!!

Soundclip please!

price reduction in set sale thread please!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I might be wrong but I think the soul strut praise for sayer is sarcastic. I haven't been around long or heard the record but thats the impression I always got.

NO WAY! SAYER IS THAT SHIT! "you make me feel like dancing" is legitimate, and non-sarcastically not

• i've never listened to the leo sayer joint. but it always catches my eye because of the strut!

NO WAY! SAYER IS THAT SHIT! "you make me feel like dancing" is legitimate, and non-sarcastically not

I think most people buy endless flight for the long ass drum break, as used by the late DJ Leacy....

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

Hasnt left the side of my turntable in a good four years.

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    Props to all Strutters for the following dollar bin lovliness:

1) Fool on the Hill
    2) People...Hold On

• Actually it was 50 cents..

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Actually it was 50 cents..

That's about how much I paid for my copy, although it's nowhere near as clean as the disc in this picture!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

loopy moods