Does Anyone Watch the LOGO Network?

coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
...Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I guess they couldn't find one black person to be featured in this documentary.

They probably should have done something on sissy rappers from New Orleans or Deep Dick Collective instead (ie, queer-identified folks who can actually rap).

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Is that a gay thing?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    some of the people on that website looked black to me.
    i remember watching some show where they talked about a rapper from new orleans that did a song called "titty bop". it was a transvestite/sexual rapper.anybody know if this song was a hit in no?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    some of the people on that website looked black to me.

Deadlee is Latino; some people say he's half black and Mexican, but this hasn't been consistently reported, so I'm not sure...And God-dess and Tina G look like two white girls to me.

Regardless, if I was going to do a film on "Hip Hop Homos," I would make a point of featuring at least one unambiguously black artist; if you watch this in isolation, the fact that the scene is largely black is completely lost.

i remember watching some show where they talked about a rapper from new orleans that did a song called "titty bop". it was a transvestite/sexual rapper.anybody know if this song was a hit in no?

"Tiddy Bop" by Katey Red...There are other people on here who know a lot more about her than me, but she had a couple of New Orleans party hits.