August Wilson RIP

schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
August Wilson Died I hate his work and think its counter productive, but dude's writing produced some of my own best critical thought and writing. He's important and prolific, whether or not I think he can occasionally be very boring.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    August Wilson Died

I hate his work and think its counter productive, but dude's writing produced some of my own best critical thought and writing. He's important and prolific, whether or not I think he can occasionally be very boring.

I just was listening to a special on him on WPFW, and the whole point was to celebrate him while he was still with us. He had announced his illness earlier this year I believe....a damn shame. I am no theatre expert by any stretch, but I had read that he is considered by some to be the most consistent playwright of his time. It seems few playwrights are able to maintain the quality and success he was able to come with regularly.

Like Schnipper said, an important voice. Peace Go With You, Brother

• thanks for making this thread.

I hate his work and think its counter productive,

i'm curious as to why, but perhaps this should be saved for another time (but your opinion is based on performances right, not just reading?).

This news has really affected me today. August Wilson was truly ONE OF THE GREATS, and a hometown product as well. Through his work he affected my life and the lives of countless others on many occasions. in memoriam, pax

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I saw this as a teenager.......................best play I've ever seen!

REST IN PEACE