New Supreme Court Nominee. Feelings?

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    complete corporate law bitch

obnoxious that roe v wade and gay marriage always seem to be the central issues of debate. i think corporate control, and the legislators and judgres that allow it is a much more pressing concern.

I agree, for the most part....these are the things that impact all of us immediately, young, old, men, women, conservative, liberal. But the manipulation of those hot button issues are so easy to manipulate on both sides of the aisle, it will be ever so.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    i think it's kind of lame to just make fun of the way she looks. i mean get some facts at least before you make fun of her.

What was her record at the head of the scandal-ridden Texas Lottery Commission?

This should be a big red flag.

Dave, from just brief things I've heard on NPR, I think she was appointed to the Texas Lottery Commission to try to fix all the scandals.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    i think it's kind of lame to just make fun of the way she looks. i mean get some facts at least before you make fun of her.

What was her record at the head of the scandal-ridden Texas Lottery Commission?

This should be a big red flag.

Dave, from just brief things I've heard on NPR, I think she was appointed to the Texas Lottery Commission to try to fix all the scandals.

here's a little ny times article on it.

For those livin in the stone age who aren't registered, it ends with this:

Some... accusations of loose controls at the Lottery Commission under Ms. Miers were supported by a critical report by the Office of the Texas State Auditor in August 1997. It found that Gtech [a company hired to run the lottery] "did not live up to its obligations under the contract" and that "a material weakness in the commission's control environment contributed to these contractual control deficiencies."

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My big fear stems from her evangelical christianity. There is no way that she can be anything but anti-choice in this matter. Once on there for life she can do as she pleases. THe corporate stuff is also disheartening.