which twist?

dmacdmac 472 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I'm trying to identify (and with luck track down) a great version of Monty Norman's "Twisting With James" (from the Dr. No soundtrack) that Quantic dropped in his unlabeled Off the Beaten Track DJ mix.There's a smooth spoken word before and after the chorus:"Have you ever heard of James? That cat with ten Goldfingers, who had Russia sending him love, girls falling at his feet. James can do anything: the Jerk, the Monkey, the Twist. In fact, James' Monkey goeslike this..."Very groovy and heavy sax 'n' Hammond action follows, then..."You just heard James do the Monkey, baby..."Can anyone completely identify it (artist & label)?Thanks!D-Mac

Comments

• I'll assume you got the reponses from the Bespoke list, but if not, the track is 'Do The Monkey With James' by Perry and the Harmonics, from the LP 'Intrigue With Soul' on Mercury.
    Scans here: http://funky16corners.tripod.com/4_organ_groove_archives.htm#perry

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Word. Thanks for the well-informed answer, Larry.
    I read the replies at Bespoke after checking your link.

If even Agent 45 had trouble finding it, this joint is hella raer.

D.

• I've only ever seen one other copy of the 45 pop up on E-bay, never seen it for sale anywhere else. I have seen the LP show up a couple of times. Great 45!