Choose Your Own Adventure Books Appreciation (NRR)

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
sayin.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I was always so bad at these. The first choice usually got me killed!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Those books were the shit. My mom used to own a book store and would always bring those home for my Brother and I. We loved those books!

• I used to dig those books, then I moved on to dungeons and dragons.

• A couple of months ago I was at the Paoli train station about an hour outside of philly, and they had a bunch of books for people to read while waiting for the train. There were 5 or 6 choose your own adventure books. I was reminded that eventhough I have graduated from college and traveled and what not I still can't make a good decision.

• A couple of months ago I was at the Paoli train station about an hour outside of philly, and they had a bunch of books for people to read while waiting for the train. There were 5 or 6 choose your own adventure books. I was reminded that eventhough I have graduated from college and traveled and what not I still can't make a good decision.

lol, or even make a decision!!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    those things rock.

I cant believe no one has shot a movie like this. Of course it would have to be dvd only. But with dvd you could author the disc in such a way that it would be a Choose Yer Own Adventure Movie. It would be a lot of work...
    but truely

by the way, Im to lazy to actually do something like this. So if someone wants to jack my idea feel free. besides im sure someones allready thought of this.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    A couple of months ago I was at the Paoli train station about an hour outside of philly, and they had a bunch of books for people to read while waiting for the train. There were 5 or 6 choose your own adventure books. I was reminded that eventhough I have graduated from college and traveled and what not I still can't make a good decision.

Now that's good comedy!

My friend and I tried to write a CYOA book back when we were young'ins. It was mostly an excuse to try to come up with the most grisly deaths possible for the main character, but we also discovered that keeping all the different "If you choose A, turn to page X; if you choose B, turn to page Y" things straight was way above our abilities at the time.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    those things rock.

I cant believe no one has shot a movie like this. Of course it would have to be dvd only. But with dvd you could author the disc in such a way that it would be a Choose Yer Own Adventure Movie. It would be a lot of work...
    but truely

by the way, Im to lazy to actually do something like this. So if someone wants to jack my idea feel free. besides im sure someones allready thought of this.
    there was a movie that did this in the early 90's.i think robert zemekis had something to do with it if i remember right.it looked shitty + lowbudget.did anybody see this in theatres,or at all?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I read an assload of those as a kid. Those and the other brand of them as well.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Man, I love reading those books stoned. I don't know why. I didn't really read them much as a kid. But now? Oh yeah. "You Are A Monster" still freaks me out. "Your are a Millionaire" taught me everything I know about avarice. "You are a Tax Lawyer" is why I'm at law school.

• Yes I was all over those fuckers. Didn't someone buy a big collection of them a while ago and post a picture of them?

I wish everyone would enjoy reading.

• Yup. I remember programing my own "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories on the Atari.

• Yup. I remember programing my own "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories on the Atari.

I spent the whole year programming one on my TI83, but then erased it during the final cause all the teachers were checking out our calculators. I remember there was a scene where your guy visited a prostitute.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i got about 17 of these thangs

deadwood city's my favorite. scary illustrations

don't buy any of the later ones, most of the ones i checked out are BORING. getting killed by an alligator or freezing to death just isn't the same. buy the ones by edward packard and r.a. montgomery, clasic CYOA authors