Educated people by aborting them! (RepR)

2»

Comments

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    what's REALLY wrong with this is that you would find Strutters arguing that the guy may be right. That's what's sad.

The only way anyone can try and "explain" this idiots speech as 'speculation' is if you start off with the assumption that blacks are inherently predisposed to be criminals [/b]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    the book freakanomics tries make an argument that because of the legalization of abortion the crime rate has gone down

NOTICE:[/b] I am not discussing the racial aspect of the conversation in the following passage.

It could be possible hypothetically, as you would most likely be eliminating at least some of the kids that are unwanted and would be otherwise neglected, which would predispose them moreso to criminal activity.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

It could be possible hypothetically, as you would most likely be eliminating at least some of the kids that are unwanted and would be otherwise neglected, which would predispose them moreso to criminal activity.

=

poor folk. regardless of race.

Fucking idiot. (not you Graf).

=

Fucking idiot.

Well, to a degree.

But there are plenty of unwanted middle class kids that end up being criminals.

But that's probably a whole nother thread.

=

Fucking idiot.

But there are plenty of unwanted middle class kids that end up being white collar criminals.[/b]

=

Fucking idiot.

But there are plenty of unwanted middle class kids that end up being white collar criminals.[/b]

Well that too. Either way, you gotta figure puttin the coathanger to them has probably had some benefit on the crime rate. So from that perspective, I could see the thinking behind it.

=

Fucking idiot.

Well that too. Either way, you gotta figure puttin the coathanger to them has probably had some benefit on the crime rate. So from that perspective, I could see the thinking behind it.

How does that stop present criminals from doing more crime tho?

Lesser criminals = more shit to be had = more shit to be had = more shit being done.

Lesser criminals = more shit to be had = more shit to be had = more shit being done.

It obviously wouldn't stop present criminals.

They line was talking about lowering the crime rate, which takes place over time. In no instance would the crime rate drop overnight barring some single-day mass genocide of some sort.

It would most likely take, what, a decade or maybe a little more to have an impact. But since abortion has been legal for quite a while, it would be enacted and ongoing by now.

I have no idea how you could tell though.

It obviously wouldn't stop present criminals.

They line was talking about lowering the crime rate, which takes place over time. In no instance would the crime rate drop overnight barring some single-day mass genocide of some sort.

It would most likely take, what, a decade or maybe a little more to have an impact. But since abortion has been legal for quite a while, it would be enacted and ongoing by now.

I have no idea how you could tell though.

I understand what is is supposed to do.

But like with anything, wouldn't current criminals just branch out?

It sounds like bullshit to me. It's like saying that if you would abort every male fetus, eventually the rape rate would lower.

People will stay hungry.

Blah. I'm drunk.

It sounds like bullshit to me. It's like saying that if you would abort every male fetus, eventually the rape rate would lower.

Well, it seems you're following a supply-and-demand line of thinking, and while it mayyyyyybe may play a role, most likely not.

Like following your rape example:

1.) If there were no males, rape would probably drop ridiculously, because... well, that would leave lesbian rape, which is probably .0001% of all rapes.

2.) Your line of thinking is that if one guy isn't raping someone, then someone else will take their spot.

Think about that for a minute.

So you eliminate 100 rapists, all the other rapists are taking up their raping for them? I don't think so.

Many crimes are crimes of opportunity; it's not like if some old lady would be like, "Hmmm, I haven't been robbed lately. Let me go somewhere else to give another criminal the opportunity instead."

Bzzt. Nah.

Well, it seems you're following a supply-and-demand line of thinking, and while it mayyyyyybe may play a role, most likely not.

Like following your rape example:

1.) If there were no males, rape would probably drop ridiculously, because... well, that would leave lesbian rape, which is probably .0001% of all rapes.

2.) Your line of thinking is that if one guy isn't raping someone, then someone else will take their spot.

Think about that for a minute.

So you eliminate 100 rapists, all the other rapists are taking up their raping for them? I don't think so.

Many crimes are crimes of opportunity; it's not like if some old lady would be like, "Hmmm, I haven't been robbed lately. Let me go somewhere else to give another criminal the opportunity instead."

Bzzt. Nah.

The rape thing was an extreme.

I'm just saying, it's really hard to control mass behavior.

Not with this guy around.

Not with this guy around.

Ha!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Jesus, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

• Ummm...WRONG. The only way anyone can try and "explain" this idiots speech as 'speculation' is if you start off with the assumption that blacks are inherently predisposed to be criminals ... more so than whites. And no matter how you cut it, that's just a load of bull shit so try again 3rdstream.

asprin all i was talking about is the fact that people in this post think that bennett wants to kill black babies, some are even confused as to whether bennett is the current president bush's secretary of education

dealing with bennets statement, you really don't have to start off with the assumption that "blacks are inherently predisposed to be criminals" the fact that he used black children as an example was probably not the best choice and very suspect, you could choose whites, hispanics, or even samoans for the example and the hypothesis would still hold true, if you aborted any large ethnic group in the united states the overall crime rate would most likely fall because of the statistically smaller number of people who could commit crime, if he had said "if all black children were aborted there would be absolutely no[/b] crime" than he would be completely wrong and more than likely a straight up racist, by using blacks as his example you could make arguments about what???s going on in his head and his predisposition towards using african americans as examples when it comes to criminal behavior, but iam no shrink, but going on a hunch he prob does have an issue with african americans

so before you get sand in your vagina i was not defending the man???s use of blacks as an example, I was trying to clear up the fact that his statement does not equate to Bill Bennette wants to kill all black babies which seems like a lot of dudes on here think, there is a problem with his statement, i agree, it comes from his using black babies as the example, but i do think his using black children as an example was a bad choice