Who runs www,popsike.com?

2»

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    i live by that shit since i discovered it. it's invaluable when selling a record you have no idea what it's worth. it's to be taken with a grain of salt but if you look up some record and like 15 copies in the last year all went for 200 then it's probably a 200 dollar record. ebay inflates prices like a mug but if you can get dough do it.

Dave, why do you defend this site whenever it comes up? I really don't get why anybody would take popsike seriously as a tool otherwise.

it's kind of hard to defend a site but i think you guys criticism is weird, it's like you hate the site for some reason i don't get it. people up here are always like that criticizing shit finding bad shit about everything it's kind of weird.

dave

I don't hate the site, but they don't list every auction, they don't list auctions that go for low prices, they've messed up on some of their listings, etc. That's too much for me to overlook. I gave a pretty specific example of their shortcomings with their listings for that Wild Riders Soundtrack. I'll look at it, but I won't trust it.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    who runs popsike.com

#whois popsike.com

Registrant:
    private (PRIVATE6435)
    Lindenbachstr. 36
    private
    Zuerich, , 8006
    CH

Domain name: popsike.com

Technical contact:
    Domain-Registration, Hostmaster (FS560)
    Host Europe GmbH
    Hansestr. 109

Koeln, NRW, 51149
    DE
    [email]support@hosteurope.de[/email]
    +49.1805467838 Fax: +49.1805663233

Administrative contact:
    Wegmueller, Philipp (PW1016)
    private
    Lindenbachstr. 36

Zuerich, , 8006
    CH
    [email]wegmueller@mysunrise.ch[/email]
    +41.765765617

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I want to add that I don't understand how they montitor or search on auction results. Do they have a team of people with a wide base of genre knowledge (that seems impossibly unwieldy) or do they just periodically run a search program starting at a certain dollar amount? It never made sense to how some stuff gets on and other stuff gets left off.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Allow me:

Popsike = price guide?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    or do they just periodically run a search program starting at a certain dollar amount?

This seems most likely.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I think I know who...

With billbradley's whois search, we see it was set up through a German Domain-Registration company.... And eventhough the Registrant is set to private, I have my guesses... Their background is German, but live in another country. They are all powerful and have been trying to think of ways to rule the raers of the world. This is their new world dominance goal!

Trust no one!

The truth is out there!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    AHHHHHH!!!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Errr I mean...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    or do they just periodically run a search program starting at a certain dollar amount?

This seems most likely.

I agree, but there is so much stuff that doesn't make it to popsike. For example, I had a record go for $50 a couple of months ago on the same day that my friend sold a record for $200-something. His record is listed on there now, but mine isn't. Obviously his sold for more than mine, but if the program just does a sweep of, say, every record >$30 it shouldn't matter.