LA Area heads ~ CD Release Party (asprin related)

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited April 2005 in Announcements
This Thrsday night, no cover so no reason not to make it out there....::: HAND PICKED :::Hand Picked is a compilation of beats and remixes created by local Southern California beat-makers and deejays. This project gives you a distinctive vibe and overall sound as each track rightfully creates its own presence and identity. Soulful jazzy grooves meets hip hop with subtle hints of Latin, African and other unique influences. Hand Picked also delves into down-tempo reaching out to mellow music seekers. But don???t be fooled ??? the foundation of it all is still hip hop and that ol' boom bap...Contributing Artists and Affiliations:[/b]- DJ Cire (www.funktheworld.net)- The Earl (www.footlongdevelopment.com and www.solofhiphop.com)- Presto (www.concretegrooves.com and Beathackerz Collective)- Argyle (Beathackerz Collective and www.funktheworld.net)- Choice 37 (www.longevitymusic.com)- Asprin (www.tsegadinka.com / www.vanguardsquad.com)- Mprov (Stay Fresh Crew) Release Party for HAND PICKED[/b]Thursday April 21, 2005 @ Pig N Whistle (6714 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles) With DJ's: Gabe Real, Endo, Jayski & Abel Guests DJ's: DJ Cire, Argyle and Presto Mark your calendars and come celebrate our first release! 21+ / No Cover / Free Giveaways...

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    DJ Cire also has a new CD coming out too so... FRESH!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    This is Cire's comp he's putting out, I'm just a contributing artist.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

::: HAND PICKED :::

local Southern California beat-makers
    - Asprin (www.tsegadinka.com / www.vanguardsquad.com)

Damn, I remember when you were telling me, "nothing beats the east" and now you're a sunny so-cal beachwear beatmaker...

Seriously though, I wish I could be there. Pick up a cd for me, please.

• Congratulations on your moves in the real world!
    Wish I could attend~~~

J

Yeah, this should be real dope. I'm looking at the LA heads here and none have yet to chime in or say they'll attend...no love I tell you.

• Nice to see someone so dope getting his propers. Congrats to you!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    oh you mother fucker!!! i dont get no headzzzz up? dammit, im going. i gotta see what these "moves in the real world" look like.

awesomeness tsega. whoa. i just said "awesomeness". what i meant was "killer brah!!!"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ...no love I tell you.

you know I got nothin but love for ya baby

unfortunatley I got class tonight but go for yours and congrats on making moves

SOCAL BEACH DUDES RUNNIN THANGS!

This is your heads up shig!

anyone else local is welcome too...

Tate - Trode - AP - Ed - Soulrez - Coma - PistolP -- etc

what time is this happening?

Doors open @ 9:30

gotta support the dude! see you at 930

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    DOPE! Glad to see you making moves homie. I wish I could be there (and be on the comp!)!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    damn...late notice but I'll try to roll through. i'll be in the hollywood area around 7 or so. I'll try to extend my stay.

It'd be good to meet some new local heads...

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    :late pass:

congrats my man!

You're just in time...thanks...this should be lots of fun

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Tsega,

Congrats on the cd!!! Yo man, people are really feelin your track, thanks for letting me add it to the track-listing! I'll keep you posted on anything else that comes up as far as guest dj spots, etc. We may be throwing another get down to help promote the cd some more - and we're working on getting some distribution for it as well. Nothin major but something that will help it get out to folks! And yo, thanks for coming out to the release party. It was cool to finally meet up.. Big ups to SS on this one, linking people together (What up Herm, Karl, Adam, Adrian & Patrick.... werd).

Day,
    Yo, I hit u up about being on the comp... DAMMIT! HAHA! All good man, just keep doin your thang. hit me up tho fo' realz...!

Cire, thanks for the opportunity again hommie. I had fun at the release party...felt like a super star. Keep it up hommie.